Server Files

smoochy boys on tour

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006
I know there is a set of custom server files out there that other don't want to share.
Is there any chance of getting a hold of these files?

LOMCN use to be a site that released server files for others to use, seems this rule don't apply anymore?

for the past month I've been trying to see what i can come up with:

C# Files - I don't know how to code with Microsoft Visual Studio
Hero Files - Pulls away from mir and more towards Shanda - not really interested in these anymore
RubyM2 - Got stuck at the Online Account Creation - can not do account creation without doing the online part
Lemon Files - for some reason Crashed my system every time i ran them.
2.3 Files - stable but outdated

I like configuring files to see what i can come up with so If someone does not mind sharing these new files i would really appreciate it
thnx in advance

Mason --- SMT

*please no flame these are opinions towards files only*

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
What secret unshared files are you talking about?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
looks like they were made for a specific server. That's the perk of being able to program.

There's plenty of sets of files to choose from, so you're just gonna have to make do unfortunately.

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006
looks like they were made for a specific server. That's the perk of being able to program.

There's plenty of sets of files to choose from, so you're just gonna have to make do unfortunately.

aye

stupple

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
Tbh codeine this easy ish if u can work stuff out how then done This how I learn to code c# I learned a lot form other ppl work. And can now add very custom stuff to them but c# it really up to the server own as he can put as much as he want or as little.

Ppl to share here files norm when server to down or when stuff get hacked and files leek out. Maybe by team fallout so on.

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
Were not allowed to release our files, nor would I want the source floating around on lomcn. That would only lead to security issues and that's the main reason I use them for security and stability.

Pm me and I can point you to the original programmer. It will set you back some coins but tbh it's worth it and he deserves the money for his hard work.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
3 of the servers use the files that where coded for me, if you want a copy of the files and code feel free to pm me.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I know there is a set of custom server files out there that other don't want to share.
Is there any chance of getting a hold of these files?

LOMCN use to be a site that released server files for others to use, seems this rule don't apply anymore?

for the past month I've been trying to see what i can come up with:

C# Files - I don't know how to code with Microsoft Visual Studio
Hero Files - Pulls away from mir and more towards Shanda - not really interested in these anymore
RubyM2 - Got stuck at the Online Account Creation - can not do account creation without doing the online part
Lemon Files - for some reason Crashed my system every time i ran them.
2.3 Files - stable but outdated

I like configuring files to see what i can come up with so If someone does not mind sharing these new files i would really appreciate it
thnx in advance

Mason --- SMT

*please no flame these are opinions towards files only*

There's always going to be greedy people who don't like to share bro

As for crystal you don't need to be able to code to setup a server...

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
I'm not greedy :-P but I did pay and work hard on my files. The last time I released the files there was a **** storm of politics so I said fk it.
Guess I'll have to change alot of stuff now if the source is getting handed out publicly without the programmers permission.

shanem82

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
But with all due respect its a stolen game (legend Of Mir) any way despite who programs it so hectically he has no right to take ownership of what he does

You cant walk in to a shop steal stuff, change it and call it your own

But We do have to accept that these files will only go so far and since we have no Official server on this side of the globe its a case of black market goods some people will succeed in getting them some wont

But respect to all coders for giving us what we do have

Last edited:

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
Just saying iceman is not the only one who hired the programmer to work on "his files" I hired him well before and what iceman got was a product of my work with the programmer, which they continued to build on.

I could see releasing the build but to release the source is an affront to 3-4 live servers right now and threatens the security and stability we've come to expect from the files.

Just because you've moved onto the new Ruby files doesn't mean you need to light a match and toss it into our Jerry cans on the way out.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I thought Ice and Andreas has been working with each other for along time, and personally from all the story's about this coder I wouldn't even want anything he's created on my machines, apparantly he's added alsorts of back doors to his files

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Who the hell is this 'The Coder' guy? Getting a bit of a reputation :D

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
Aye he put back doors in for when people decide to throw his files around he can shut them down.

Can't say I blame him, I haven't had a single problem with him in almost 4 years.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Aye he put back doors in for when people decide to throw his files around he can shut them down.

Can't say I blame him, I haven't had a single problem with him in almost 4 years.

Well you aint going to when you keep paying him.

People paying people like Andreas is what got us in such a mess in the first place.

Luckily we still have some decent people around who release stuff to the community.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
Well you aint going to when you keep paying him.

People paying people like Andreas is what got us in such a mess in the first place.

Luckily we still have some decent people around who release stuff to the community.

Me and Josh havent been in touch for like 2 years , he recently came back with plans to update his server :)

Anyways lots of bad mouths and hating around here , shame was once a nice community.

I'm not tricking people , niether fooling them or blackmailing them .

They want my files/support , they pay a reasonable price for updates and we are at a deal , simple :)

Now apparently people who dont have anything to do with server developments or anything starter a "Lets hate me thread" without a reason .

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Ears burning?

Crawl back under your rock please

Not that I want to take an argumentative approach, but has he actually earned his hatred? Surely charging for his work/knowledge isn't something to be inherently hated by itself?

I ask purely as I don't know, not a defending stance