server on linux

smoochy boys on tour

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
i want to change my server from xp on linux as im beeing attack for 1 week allready and its getting stresstfull and annoying , i understood that on linux i can block retards ip or find hes mac adress and block him from router , i made some search but cant really say i understood if the server and only server work's on linux , i dont need anything else on the servers pc , so can any1 pls help with wot linux version i can use that runs with server files , ty

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
i dont mind searching if i know wot to :P , but u allmost answered me :D i bookedmark some of the post with use "wine" and something else :P il look into wot thouse are , but i saw ppl saying they need to use them to play mir not to have only as a server that's why i asked if i need something else just for server

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
as i know its not possible to let the cd.exe run under linux ( i also think about the trouble with xp or vista) on some OS cd.exe run on some not specially 3.55

what i know is that 1 server owner did.. is running one of the gates on a linux server..... i dunno now if it was rungate or logingate..... but ill think it was login. that he did, to safe hims server for cheat using tools that the ppl can not cheat. i had written that one a pm on hims forum for getting help but i dont get it (no time for help me was the answer)

Upvote 0

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
if u want to run a mir3 server under linux you will need an emulator but lot of ppl told me emulators are unestables

Upvote 0