Server Plans Outline

Demix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Watford, England
a way to do this... once you have learnt the stronger version of the spell *you would need to give the book to an npc* they would give you the stronger spell (they would add you to a namelist or something).. when you log out and back in it would use the same npc thing *sorry not used 1.9 files alot lolz* that it does to tell what lvl you are or say your online.. and if you are on the namelist it could delete the weaker spell and give you the stronger spell without you even knowing :)

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
aye, but that would mean you will keep have to keep leveling the spell(unless you set it so its lvl 3 stragiht a way) and also you have to reset the shortcut key to it.

Pebble

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 25, 2005
Essex, England
On 1.9 servers when you log in you can make the server give skills to people of different classes.

e.g. Fireball level 3, Fencing level 3, Healing level 3.

Question

Could you make it so this happens every time someone logs in and make it different for every person?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
when you login you could check class. check that you already have new spell. remove the spell. readd the spell. only thing which would go wld b the exp on spell. im sure you could mark the level using txt files or flags.

Pebble

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 25, 2005
Essex, England
I was thinking make an NPC make a .txt document containing which skills have been upgraded and as the char logs in something reads the .txt document and it deletes all first skills that have been upgraded and adds all the upgraded ones leveled to 3 or something.

Hope that made sense.

Anyway, that's the reason for asking if what I said is possible.

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
I think it is possible but it's probably more trouble than it's worth. Would be server unique if it wasn't released, unless someone else made...yeah.

MrSam

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 31, 2005
Amazed that with all that I posted the stronger-versions-of-old-spells is the only thing there's a problem with. :)

This isn't essential anyway. When I first saw someone say it's a problem I was thinking changing it back every time you logon as well, but someone posted that before me. :( I think going down this path is too messy though personally. A resource drain and more trouble than it's worth.

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
well the resseuercation, i still dont know how you can do that proplery...

Demix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Watford, England
wouldnt be possible, you could revive the person clicking on the node but they wouldnt be dead would they? unless theres a way to specificaly use the gm revive skill through a npc and be able to pick who you want to revive freely :S otherwise it wouldnt specify who you wanted to revive

ToxicBadger

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2004
London
I realise I haven't been active in a long time and I didn't read the previous post made by you. This sounds very intresting and I wish you goodluck with it. But this sounds very much as tho u are trying to turn mir into WoW :P

Goodluck with it :)