Server Testing.

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
As I posted earlier, I am still in a loop of client.exe being replaced, are you even competent to setup autopatcher or what.

Also still have no idea what is this server called, is it C-Mir or LandBeforeTime?

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
As I posted earlier, I am in a loop of client.exe being replaced, also still have no idea what is this server called, is it C-Mir or LandBeforeTime?

Really no name yet, As i had ftps from when it was LBT i just use them as they are paid for.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
OK I call it 'Mir2-C Mir-IceMan-project'

I have 18 mir2 directories on my secondary disk and need to keep it organized :distress:. Most are installation that are even no longer online (usually I keep screenshots and delete rest of files in them), some I log on when I get annoyed by server play currently or just to check on from curiosity, 5H I played from overseas and from Europe and also have couple alt accts, for total of 7 directories :flustered:

Now what should I do about that autopatcher being caught in a loop with the exe, replacing it and not being able to replace it.

Edit: I copied files from 'LandBeforeTime.rar' into the client and it is redownloading the whole client again it seems :subdued:

Last edited:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Use the one on my siggy, sometimes you gotta rename the exe to clientold and then run it.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
ClientOld was the one from the small autopatch download rar, the one which is now downloading the whole shebang again, at least it goes reasonably fast at ~ 1.5MB/s

I am quite tempted by server where you have hidden features on maps, ideally I'd like to see 'lovingly crafted' euro mir maps with added features like little bonuses, secret places and such likes, that all servers more or less gloss over. Always when I find a door that doesn't work I am disappointed, same when you don't have mass dropping mobs starting with cats, scarecrows etc., when low caves don't hum lively with mobs (same with outdoor maps), disappointed when there's no FT or GK in Mongchon etc.

Edit: Autopatch finished downloading and 'quit', now when I run either client.exe or clientold.exe, autopach briefly downloads Map/0.map and quits, normally stays open and you can click the Launch button.

Last edited:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
We have been working on some dual casting skills for master/hero.

Master will cast the skill and then the hero charges up to finish said skill.

View attachment 18617

scottstevenjohn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2014
Cant connect? says im running old exe? was on it fine yday run the auto patcher nothing happens?

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
I will be uploading the new exe once my ftp comes back up

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Hoping this weekend we have the following to test.

-6 new dual skills for player/hero.
-hero quests. Norm.Story.Daily.Timed. systems.
-new hero pk rules.

Also going to have new orc and swamp caves open.

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
Hoping this weekend we have the following to test.

-6 new dual skills for player/hero.
-hero quests. Norm.Story.Daily.Timed. systems.
-new hero pk rules.

Also going to have new orc and swamp caves open.

arousal +5

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I redownloaded Full Game DownLoad (from you sig couple posts up) and still get this run around with client.exe getting renamed to oldclient.exe and then I get pop up message that the client.exe is missing...

I download the Auto Patcher, extract to C-mir client and run OldClient.exe and it starts downloading some 6.5GB, I guess it will end up like last time, back to that run around with the exe :'(

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Hmm, odd i'll check this again. Thanks for the heads up.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
After the autopach finished, it closed itself automatically. Now when I run either client.exe or oldclient.exe it opens the autpatcher which checks for about one or two seconds and quits with nothing happening.

I tried clicking the launch button but it is not active and the autopatch closes on me. No other crystal files mir2 ever did this, that the autopatch window would close after checking on ftp update.

Last edited:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
After the autopach finished, it closed itself automatically. Now when I run either client.exe or oldclient.exe it opens the autpatcher which checks for about one or two seconds and quits with nothing happening.

I tried clicking the launch button but it is not active and the autopatch closes on me.

Delete the whole folder, and try just downloading from the patcher in my siggy.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I disabled autopatch host ftp url and now the Client.exe seems to check on 0.map (top bar makes progress while it does it) and then closes the autopatch window as before.
But when I run ClientOld.exe, it popups that notice (Couldn't get patch information) which I close by pressing its button, the autopatch window stays open allowing me to Launch but then I don't get to loging screen, get notice "Wrong version, please update your game. Game will now Close."

---------- Post Merged at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Delete the whole folder, and try just downloading from the patcher in my siggy.

OK will let you know tonight, thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit: it worked, thank you again

Last edited:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Server has been up for testing. Im going to reload server config making start lvl 40 and start golding gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.