Servers Are Starting To Shine

Monkeh

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 10, 2007
Wales, UK
People are actualy starting to make more servers now and quite alot of them are geting some good ideas so i just made this thread for thos who wish to maby give an idea or two (or more) to some server owners so they can add a bit more of the publics wants reply with answers.

*Pet system for every class
*Wepons Set For Every Certain Amour Of levels (between 5-10 is better)

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
People are actualy starting to make more servers now and quite alot of them are geting some good ideas so i just made this thread for thos who wish to maby give an idea or two (or more) to some server owners so they can add a bit more of the publics wants reply with answers.

*Pet system for every class
*Wepons Set For Every Certain Amour Of levels (between 5-10 is better)
problem with the pet system it would make the server unbalanced

lordatrox

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2008
My weapons are every 8-10 levels. and the pet system is not for every class. but im always up for ideas to look @.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
depends how the servers made, some servers suit havin pets, soem dont... all depends how u balance em, how easy/hard they are to get and how crap/good they are

its good to see new servers popin up... but from all the new 1s lately, what 1s have actually stayed up or just been totaly crap?

if u look, most have been put down or just crap.. so shame rly.

Monkeh

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 10, 2007
Wales, UK
that is sort of true but still at least people are trying now before everyone just wanted to play but please feel free everyone to post ideas of what you would like to see on servers to make it easier for some owners then you might have a chance of having more fun. :)

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
depends how the servers made, some servers suit havin pets, soem dont... all depends how u balance em, how easy/hard they are to get and how crap/good they are

its good to see new servers popin up... but from all the new 1s lately, what 1s have actually stayed up or just been totaly crap?

if u look, most have been put down or just crap.. so shame rly.

For once, i agree.

Although many people slate OS, or Ben, OS hasn't really fked around with people and has always been pretty much online.

Still, people need a change, and im glad there are more servers coming out to test and explore ;)

Monkeh

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 10, 2007
Wales, UK
still no ideas off any1? people are normally full of them these days cumon people lol

noisound

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 23, 2004
in my server no matter wot warrs dont get pets :P

taos have a pet system, going to be making wizz

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Not So Fussed about server but would like to see somthing like this idea in a server one day

The 3 Day Quest

Obviously the title is quite self explanitory.
But the object behind the idea is completely changeable to each individuals prefrence.

What i suppose i would do, is you must start the quest 10am-12pm GTM or between 11pm-11:59pm GTM (for internation users)

Basically somthing in between the lines of killing
a certain amount of mobs for example

100 Flamingwoomas
100 BlackMaggots
50 Eviltongs (BDD)
50 EvilSnakes(BDD)
2 WoomaGuardians
1 KingScorpion
(i dunno which mobs depends on server and mob difficultys lol)

u must kill them before 6 or 7 hours and within this time u must also go to the npc in like the longest cave (unable to use telering, I.E BDD) and collect a item from him/her (I.E Day1 scroll for day 1 etc etc)

Then you must You must log out and back in to complete the quest for the day and just now w8 for day2.

you must do simmular thing each day maybe differnt mobs maybe differnt npc to find etc.

whats must (imo) remain the same is the difficulty it would be too frustrating if it was easy 1st and 2nd day and almost imposible 3rd day as it would take a tole on too many ppl and they wouldent bother taking part in the quest

id advise a lock on how many times to do it and id adive make this a decent prize quest but make it hard (not too hard) but only a certain lvl can do it, the reason i say the "certain lvl" is not because its to hard and not because ppl who r high lvl are the only players who deserve it... but it gives ppl good incentive to lvl as they know they r lvling str8 to a prize which is worth lvling for and a quest which i imagine will give them a decent amount of Percent and a decent amount of fun..

I imagine most ppl will laugh at this idea but i only say this might be a good idea coz i know id enjoy doing something like this and also as quite a lazy lvler myself id probly bother to lvl to do the quest.

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
Nice idea 69.

I've got somthing similar to that on my server at the moment. You've got to kill X Amount of mobs (100's of 4 diferent monsters) and the faster you do it the better the prize you get. If it takes you more than 7 days you fail the quest.

p

Monkeh

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 10, 2007
Wales, UK
nice idea 69 really find that interesting but do you have a certain amount of time between the time you have to get number 2 or 3 or is it if you do one u have to do 2 the next day? and preacher what server do you run is it a mir 3 mir 2 ? thanks

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
ρяєα¢нєя;631494 said:
Nice idea 69.

I've got somthing similar to that on my server at the moment. You've got to kill X Amount of mobs (100's of 4 diferent monsters) and the faster you do it the better the prize you get. If it takes you more than 7 days you fail the quest.

p

Thats not fair, Wizzes can kill faster than tao.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
wond although ur making it fair by doing that and i do in some asspects agree

i would have to say in big capital letters BOLLOCKS lol

if u chose wizz YOUR choice
If you choose tao YOUR choice
If you choose warr (Guess what again) YOUR CHOICE!!

u cnt choose a class then moan about its qualitys

we all no.. its harder to lvl taos
than wizz
we all know warriors own wizz in pvp (most time)
We all also know tao own warr in pvp (most time)

differnt classes.. differnt advantages and disadvantages ffs give it a rest with class issue thats ur own problem lol

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Servers coming online are pathetic.
There okay for your quick dose of mir, but not long term prospects considering whos running them.
Problem with mir is almost everythings been done.

Those crying about class balance obviously don't get the concept of the game. If it was meant to be balanced there would be NO CLASS CHOICE. Therefore, stfu.

Something steady and stable is what people want.
What they get is pathetic and stable. Or kinda good and unstable.
I've yet to see any server in my time playing mir to be both steady and stable, and i've been round the block.

Hopefully new files will be avaliable to everyone in the near future, otherwise mir will die - even more than it died yesterday and the day before that, oh and the day before that.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Servers coming online are pathetic.
There okay for your quick dose of mir, but not long term prospects considering whos running them.
Problem with mir is almost everythings been done.

Err no... it hasnt, just nobody can be bothered to think hard enough, for unique ideas, so therefore stfu, as you would say. OMG how about a server based entirely on quests? No lvling actually involved. Not seen a server like this...

Those crying about class balance obviously don't get the concept of the game. If it was meant to be balanced there would be NO CLASS CHOICE. Therefore, stfu.

Err classes are mean't to be balanced, so stfu again. IF all classes had same spells.. maybe there would be no need for classes. The fact is they are DIFFERENT! Doesnt matter if a tao can heal and a wizzy cant.. it should still be balancned, so where taos are strong wizards would be weak, but strong in the areas of a tao being weak to BALANCE.. it out, like a pair of scales. So therefore AGAIN stfu.

Something steady and stable is what people want.
What they get is pathetic and stable. Or kinda good and unstable.
I've yet to see any server in my time playing mir to be both steady and stable, and i've been round the block.

Well ye that bit makes sense.. but for hell of it, therefore stfu.

Hopefully new files will be avaliable to everyone in the near future, otherwise mir will die - even more than it died yesterday and the day before that, oh and the day before that.

mir's been dieing for the last 2 years apprently, boo hooo if you dont wanna be around at the funeral bugger off.

SO STFU!!!!

Ideas:
Quest server, similar to games like Zelda etc... where you can just do quests to complete games, with multiple side quests. Obviously you will need ALOT of quests :P, but infact minimal kits. Say you did a zelda theme... you would need 3 armours:
  • Kokiri Armour (low level)
  • Big Armour (medium)
  • Zora's Armour (medium)
  • Master Armour (high level)

As some of weps such as slingshot and bow cannot be used easily and look decent, 3 weps for each class (3 swords in zelda ocarina of time..)
  • Kokiri Sword/Staff/Fan (low level)
  • Big Goron's Sword/Staff/Fan (medium)
  • Zora's Sword/Staff/Fan (medium)
  • Master Blade/Staff/Fan (high level)

Ring/Bracers have different stats for clases (work like mir items in thier stat changes, not lvl tho)
  • Kokiri Rings/Braces/Necky (noob)
  • Goron Rings/Braces/Necky (medium)
  • Zora Rings/Bracers/Necky (high level)
  • Master Ring/Bracers/Necky (high level)

You get the basics... lol :P Would be preety awesome seeing a zelda style server, would need some proper decent quests and ALOT of work though. Also i know mine isnt a exact idea of zelda.. would need to be tweaked.. :)

Last edited:

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.

And thats why your server was and still is **** for pvp, no balance between class's, you say there is no need for balance, so give a tao 500 Sc and a warrior 100 Dc ? there is no balance... so you would call that fair?

Also when it comes to skills they need to be tweaked... you think WeMade make skill expecting people to have 300 Dc/Sc/Mc? No so obv they need to be tweaked or they are just daft.

you are just a tit.

Last edited:

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
And thats why your server was and still is **** for pvp, no balance between class's, you say there is no need for balance, so give a tao 500 Sc and a warrior 100 Dc ? there is no balance... so you would call that fair?

Also when it comes to skills they need to be tweaked... you think WeMade make skill expecting people to have 300 Dc/Sc/Mc? No so obv they need to be tweaked or they are just daft.

you are just a tit.

Lol, just lol. Your just angry because taoists had a chance to kill you, same with wizards. Thats what i call 'balance'. Warriors being able to be killed without it taking 20 hits, as apposed the there 1 hits almost every hit. My server wasn't perfect, but i didn't fanny about trying to create balance among 3 seperate classes - considerings theres 3 for a reason. CHOICE. Choose how you want to play, don't dictate to people how you should be playing.

If the skills are tweaked too much, in the beginning it would take a while to even kill anything. Thus making it slow, no one likes a slow server in the beginning.

Mir is mir, if you keep trying to completely change it it won't be enjoyable to everyone... people play mir because its mir, not because its Zelda lol. Not everyone likes quests, making a server where thats the main feature would deter many away. At least thats the feedback i got.

Just goes to show you even tits can make semi decent servers, so i'd expect yours to be super amazing. :D

DeathsDoor

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 9, 2004
Kurdistan

you are just a tit.

people who exploit are tits aswell