Setting up an online server through a network

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenanceXtreme

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2004
I have a simple lan connection between my pc and my laptop, where the internet connection is on my pc. I am trying to host the server files on my pc and run the client on my laptop, to try and eliminate the lag that I was having when I hosted my server on my pc. I have checked a lot of threads and all it seems to talk about is routers, is it possible to do what I am trying to do? And if so could somebody please guide me through it.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
it is possible,
but i think you would have to use you net ip on your laptop to log on to your server
not your local ip

dont really know but thats sounds rite to me

lifco

PenanceXtreme

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2004
I've done that, the problem is that when I start all of my pc's LOM server files it doesn't go online, so changing my client ip on my laptop doesn't make any difference. When my pc isn't networked it can host a server without any problems, but in order for me to play the game I have to run the client on the same computer that the server files are running on, so I have a lot of lag. As soon as my pc is networked to my laptop I can't get it online, and so nobody else can access the server, even though I can access the server through my laptop.

Please can somebody help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.