Sever Client

smoochy boys on tour

Perfect_Darknes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 24, 2005
>_< sorry to keep posting.. my friend has a problem connecting to my server, he's using the exact same client as i am.. nothing wrong with the server.. but when he double clicks the Mir3.exe it does nothing.. no errors.. its not running in the background.. it just doesn't load atall..

is there a certain program you need.. i dunno a codec? something to do with GFX to run a mir 3 client?

thanks for any help >_<

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
things u need to check.
1) does he use the right client?
2) did he update the client? (ur using 3.38 right? i gave someone recently some files u need to change, and u need to add -u after the target at properties in the link to the game on the desktop)
3) can his computer can handle the client? (tell him to check his cpu)
4) did u gave him working .cin file of ur server??
5) does ur server work outside ur net? (use http://canyouseeme.org/ to find out if the ports are opened, u need ports 7000 7100 7200 if i remember correctly)
6) did u set the ips correctly?

the problem u mention is probably the cpu of his computer but u should go over the whole list because u will probably will have to go over them at some point.

Upvote 0

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
You can answer most of that in one go - has he played a mir3 server before from his pc? :)

If he has the problem is most likely server side since the client files are exactly the same.

Though if he's running a firewall you could check the mir3.exe has access to the internet.

If all that's ok it's probably your ports arn't open in your router/windows firewall/other firewall. :)

Upvote 0

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
This is an old post.

If u want to open ur ports, join ur router and open it. If u dont know how to do it, search in google. "open ports router model"

Upvote 0