Shared account options?

Join Discord

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Alot of owners don't like account sharing etc. as some of you know im working on a new client & server for mir.

Would it be of interest allowing an option when creating a new account selecting shared account.

Enabling this will give this account two passwords. One for one user and the other for the other user.

So password changing is possible but will only effect the one password. Still possible for items etc to be removed but the logs will be able to pick those up.

Any suggestions?

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Could be useful if implemented into other things inside the game, as i have told you on msn. :)

/Ash

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
could you not have it so that basic char data is id dependant, but items, ect are id and password dependant , if you are splitting it? or is that to complex.

umpteen people playing one or two shared chars is always going to create problems for server owners,

I dont see how you can get any sense of achievement if you play a char that other people have done all the work on

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Basically
Bob and Bill shared the Char Fire
Bob didnt think his password was secure so he changed, but Bill ididnt know new one.

But if they had 2 seperate passwords, bob wudnt need to tell Bill, as Bill has is own pass :P

I think thats senisble :P and id use it

DarkKnight

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 15, 2005
England (UK)
yer but if bob changed his password cos he thought account wasnt safe but bill wasnt as safe with his password then bill would be in a position to be hacked so whats the point in bob changing his pass

if that makes sence

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Indeed. You can't actually get a decent solution, unless you make a radical change to the way the game works.

Eg, use a character 'pool'. Both accounts may access the 'pool' character, while only one may use it at a time. Character deletion would require both account's authorisation, and 'pool' characters would have regular backups made.

As I said - a major change. Would be far simpler just to outlaw character sharing.

FoxStrike99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 11, 2007
great idea..also im thinking maybe a character could have a password on it aswell..for extra security or if you dont want someone to use that other character :P So when press start lil box comes up with enter chara password :)

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
one thing though, not sure if you can do this but, make it so while bill is on the account bob cant lag him out and go on the char but maybe a message comes up ingame, bob has tryed to log onto acc or sumthing along them lines lol