Shotokan

Join Discord

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Anyone into any martial arts, i am currently training in Shotokan, grading is in two weeks, i am able to attend to achieve next belt but I doubt I will, next grading be in November but due to time lengh I shall be able to skip a belt:tongue1:

White = Dangerous :)

Attachments

• Shotokan-GI.jpg
    Shotokan-GI.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 76

Peart

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2006
I am training in Hoi Kung Teng Fei Sai Des Mei Qoi Fung Tai Fu

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
teenwolf.JPG

Basket ball is for black people with huge cócks, or midgets with something to prove, im just a white guy who wants to compete O_O!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i got to brown in taiqwando, did judo for a while, planning on taking up another martial art this coming year.

BountieHunter

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2003
London
I'd say nice but as i tried it i didnt like it, just because its more or less pointless and a waste of time, you'll never be like in those chinese movies fight 50 people at once, be as fast, or anything. Its just a waste of time i guess.... boxing is much more rewarding, increases ur stamina and makes you more able to fight. I used to do boxing aswell but dont do it no more, best 'sport' for me now is to play play games, drink a coke and eat pizza all at the same time :O ... now thats skill (only until i get my gcse's which i failed then i expect that my mum will beat me, so might aswell make most of my time).:tongue1:

Oh and only thing im doing now as a 'sport' although it aint is play piano :D yeh stupid parents and piano lessons -.-

Last edited:

D-GoN

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 6, 2005
basketball is for everyone
im white and im good :P

oh and white man can jump watch me!!!!!! :D

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Did boxing and Karate as a youngster, cba with any of that nay more, just play football!

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Skyline said:
Did boxing and Karate as a youngster, cba with any of that nay more, just play football!

I did karate, got to yellow belt and quit :D

Boxing should be fun though

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
PassTheBlam said:
I did karate, got to yellow belt and quit :D

Boxing should be fun though
Ryan Rhodes' trainer was who i trained with.

Was good ^^

My best mates mum, sister and her are all into karate, and all teach it, hence why i learnt it, but i got bored and quit.

And there dad was a pro boxer, hence why i did boxing :D

Mackem

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 18, 2004
Kent, S.E England
I've got a 1st Dan black belt in Shotokan karate. Done it from when i was 6/7 till about 14/5. Left about 2 month after got black belt because had to wait till i was 18 to do grading for 2nd dan.

I left aswell coz the sensei was boring and did'nt do much kumite (semi contact fighting ) ( which is the best bit ).

I would scan me license to show people but aint got a scanner :S

Near when i left i had a couple of sessions in Jujitsu and that is alot more physical and more intresting to be honest. So started training in that got to 2nd Kyu ( brown belt ) then moved down south and have'nt done it since.

It is something i would wanna get back into as its a fun / good way of keeping fit.

Last edited: