skills/magic

Join Discord

$tealth

LOMCN Member
Feb 28, 2004
hiya all can some one tell me how i can make all my skills work becasue there are some skills that work and some skills that dont like when i click on the book it dont do anything like advanceslaying(manual) i click that and it dont do anything please help me thanks

MrsIce

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 29, 2004
$tealth said:
hiya all can some one tell me how i can make all my skills work becasue there are some skills that work and some skills that dont like when i click on the book it dont do anything like advanceslaying(manual) i click that and it dont do anything please help me thanks

like i said i think u only can have 13 letters in the word for eg advanceslaying(manual)=14 would have to be changed to superslaying(*)=12

if u no what i meen by that thats what i think u will have to do..

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
or do what real mir players would do and stick to original spellnames instead of the crapy **** qgo made up

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Well myself - I have stuck to (*) for a start as i prefer to type that instead of (Manual) everytime. As for magic, the names i used were close to Euromir for a reason, so the skills box reflects the skills, though i kept SummonElite as JIN sound so stupid.

Another thing to bear in mind - the MINFO.DAT needs to be right or as you may well find, some books, even if less than 12 letters cannot be read.

Remember only the skills as per 1.4 work not 1.45 or euromir or Korean etc, these were added afterwards and there is probably no code in the server itself for these to do any damange such as Fullmoon etc. You will find for example they display on screen but do no damage, much like 2.9 in that respect...

$tealth

LOMCN Member
Feb 28, 2004
i change a skill name to ThunderBolt(manual) but it still wont work i click the book at it dont work does any one know why and how to fix it

MrsIce

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 29, 2004
$tealth said:
i change a skill name to ThunderBolt(manual) but it still wont work i click the book at it dont work does any one know why and how to fix it
well on all the Job servers i been on which is 3 now :P they have all hade (*) that at the end of the name of the book so maybe try using that but iam not 100% sure so srry ??>..

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Try this::::

In your stditems make one of the books Healing£" now in game make that book and try and read it - of this works then you have yourself a un-hexed server. In reference to the MINFO - simply copy from Euromir client the said MAGIC.EXP and MINFO.DAT - no need to go editing the MINFO.DAT at all.....

Recap - Magic.exp is the spell names /dexription that Appears in the skills box - thats all it does - no more, no less.

leala

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2004
$tealth said:
Hi had same problem some working some not. Found one reason for some not working.The actual npc script was wrong, words missed spelled so that cured one problem. The second where even tho bookwomen read the book and gave you back a book with the asterix next to it. When you try to use it even tho it says like need level 14 and it didnt work. The reason is the level required for that spell is higher so the magic and or stditems db needs changing.If im wrong with the 2nd regarding what to change please put feed back as what to change.
But i also agree with Demonic in previous post.

Last edited: