skyrim

M3ntalRav3r

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Hartlepool
has any1 bought played the game yet ?
was thinkin of going down to buy the game but would like some feed back 1st =D.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I never played Oblivion so I want this, but I'll probably wait til it comes down in price cos I don't have the time to play multiple games anyway ><

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
I bought it, it's awesome. I've never played any of the other Elder Scrolls games before but I really like this one. The amount of content that the game has is amazing, I read somewhere that it has unlimited quests due to it automatically generating new quests based on your progress. You can just go explore over the whole map, and do what you want, and even run into people in need of help (Side quests). Or you can just focus on the main story line but this would make the game much shorter than intended. From what I've played so far I've just been exploring over the map and checking out what type of things I can do in the game, I've only done the introduction and 1-2 quests.

There aren't really any classes in the game, you just choose which race you want to be then you can play whatever play-style you want. For example you could play an assassin type gameplay and just sneak around attacking enemies from behind or just mainly focus on magic, or even do both. It's entirely up to you, there's a range of different play-styles to suit everyone. The graphics are amazing on the PC as is the gameplay. I've not really played it that much due to my graphics card overheating lol, I'm ordering a new one next week. From what I have seen so far it looks promising.

Nightrider

~{GoD}~
VIP
Feb 21, 2004
Southampton,Uk
elderscrolls.png

Hopefully it's worth it, just brought it off steam, quick download taken maybe half a hour for 40% so hopefulyl be on it by 9pm :D
Looks good from the video's i've seen though
-Dan

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
downloaded it for free, looks good but need to get mouse for my laptop to play it lol

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Don't buy it from Steam it's a bloody rip off, get it from Amazon or something.

The graphics are amazing on the PC as is the gameplay.
I wouldn't go that far, the graphics are sub-par, the menu and inventory are pathetic and the combat system is bloody terrible.

But that's TES for you!

Last edited:

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
Don't buy it from Steam it's a bloody rip off, get it from Amazon or something.

I wouldn't go that far, the graphics are sub-par, the menu and inventory are pathetic and the combat system is bloody terrible.

But that's TES for you!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess, I personally find it to be a great game. Yeah don't buy it off steam you can get it for £30 from other places such as GAME then just redeem the code on steam, but I think it's worth every penny.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Gonna rent this for PS3 from LoveFilm and give it a go.

My only problem is, I'm halfway through Infamous, still love FIFA, addicted to Battlefield 3 and want Uncharted 3 - And I'm not a massive gamer, I can't play a game for hours, I tend to play for an hour and get bored, and once I start playing another game, I never go back to the others... and I've heard Skyrim is MASSIVE and can take a hell of a long time to complete?

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
I doubt it, maybe playable at the lowest res and settings. Intel cards aren't really designed for gaming.

Looks like i'll not buying this then.

The hard thing for me is I don't really know anything about computer parts and motherboards so I don't have a clue what graphics card would be compatible for my pc so I can't really play top games which is a shame really.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Looks like i'll not buying this then.

The hard thing for me is I don't really know anything about computer parts and motherboards so I don't have a clue what graphics card would be compatible for my pc so I can't really play top games which is a shame really.

What's your system specs? No point buying a top of the line Graphics Card if you have a crap processor.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Not sure Milo, that's what I was going to look at.

I thought they were like Laptops... e.g. Not very upgradeable!