so many people are retiring and why.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
Fyi as elijah has pointed out to me, the launcher has been in the exe since the start, we've just forced it to be used now. Your anti virus knows no difference between it being on or off, so wont suddenly flag now its on.

If youre saying your anti virus has suddenly shown an issue now we've forced the launcher i think someones billy bullshitting

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I said that unless I turn my anti virus off, it won't patch anything, and even when it does I am getting weird client.exe that is not working, and I had to turn my anti virus off, also, my laptop would go beserk, and because I need to reformat it, it get stuck a lot

Anyway, its sorted now, found out I can open the .ini and delete the addresses there and now its ok (changed so many things I am not even sure what fixed it), but I am not looking forward for the next update lol. Also, could you tell me why is mir, a game that suppose to be very low demand, take so much resources from my laptop?

Also, in the future I would appreciate not to be attacked by you for something I have clearly no ability of doing.

and yeah my laptop is half dead, so I am not always blaming the right thing, it just that the evening it was released it made me hell of a lot of problems.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Make sure you have fps cap on. The client is low demand but i suppose it depends how old your hardware is

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Virus scanner is most likely giving a false positive... Mir2.exe is on a database of "bad" applications (some troll(s) probably thought it would be funny to report it) that many of the popular virus scanners draw some of their simple checks from...

Also the patcher is attempting to make modifications to your files system (by renaming/deleting and downloading content) so your virus scanner is just doing its job... But in order to play you are likely going to have to add an exception to your mir directory.

Sam

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
Virus scanner is most likely giving a false positive... Mir2.exe is on a database of "bad" applications (some troll(s) probably thought it would be funny to report it) that many of the popular virus scanners draw some of their simple checks from...

Also the patcher is attempting to make modifications to your files system (by renaming/deleting and downloading content) so your virus scanner is just doing its job... But in order to play you are likely going to have to add an exception to your mir directory.

Sam
ok didn't read it correctly, please delete this post lol, thanks.

Last edited:

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
TD just told me you only want to have it disabled so you can continue with your custom client. Have fun with that not happening.

Who would want such things. There are some things in the server that isn't coding that could be done to prevent exploits .

YellaDigga

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 12, 2015
Dear Azzi

During the last few days, seumus, mrhealer, TD and about 10 more people retired.

We have already been talking about the main reason since beta, but you never listened.

This might be already too late, but the problems are the following:

1. BOSSES SHOULD NOT BE GLOBAL. I cannot continue to stress this more, there are so many wrong things with it, starting by the main fact that MVP has one person sitting in sz at all time, they are not that active as you think, but when they see global, they call the rest, log in, and ****ing destroys everyone's fun.

there is about 4-5 bosses in game that shout out of about 20, dont try solo these bosses as 1.you may fail, 2. pk is on its way 90% of the time.

2. The PVP needs an urgent change MVP are currently just pking everyone, and I am not even complaining about them attacking me, but they are warring the noob guild and attack random new players just for fun in town (the next point), thus making them really frustrated from the server.

What you want the system to do is to prevent people from random killing noobs, and yet to allow pvp, lvl cap of pvp is not the ideal system, but this is:

a. declaring war should cost 10m, so MVP won't declare war against everyone 24/7 and thus gain free pking status (thus saving other small guilds from getting destroyed)

b. what you want from the pking points system is to prevent people from randomly attacking people 24/7 and focusing on their important opponents. pk points be a lot slower to lose, if you become red, you should become red for 48 hours, this won't stop people from pking someone at a boss or something (and against bigger guild you just declare war), but it will prevent MVP from random pking noobs for fun, because they actually need to save the pking points for someone important, also becoming red should be a lot faster.

warring a guild is not cheap n only last 1-2 hours, to keep this guy happy n the 'other guilds' maybe lower the time. newbie guild gets warred as they come to the fight to help brotherhood n their sole aim is to make mvp members red, also people not in guilds come to help which cant be warred. if anything make it so only people in a guild can fight other guilds, choosing to be in a guild u should want the fight.

3 . Stop making everyone contest every single boss, sunken is a stupid idea that allows the main guild to bully the rest of the people, and the drops there should not be buffed to make everyone want to go there in the 2 hours its open.

this game is based on contest there was nothing care bear about euro u step out sz its kill or be killed, its a very aggressive game this sounds like someone needs to go play tetris

4. remove the stupid auto updater from the game or find another solution/another updater - I understand the point of it, but right now its just preventing from many people to enter the game, I have to turn off my anti virus because it makes it scream so much I cannot anything about it, and many people believe it has a virus inside.

5. whats up with the items? lone wolf armor should be a lot stronger than crystal armor, because it comes from a much less frequently spawning boss and much stronger (crystal spider is a joke), so why is it not better/weaker?, right now it feels like you gave MVP crystal armors, nerfed the drop so no one else gets it, and everything else is rare and hard to find, and also only found in M and not in F, you tell me what is the problem.

try recruiting more active members.
dont farm safe zone
improve pk skills

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
try recruiting more active members.
dont farm safe zone
improve pk skills

1. euro never had so many globals and for a reason, if you wanna contest a boss, get there on the ****ing time, you should never benefit from farming sz like mvp do half the time and jump on whoever is doing a boss.

2. while its about 5 bosses, its exactly the bosses that you don't need a big group to go to.

3. there is no other successful mmorpg game that encourage things like here, and there is a reason for it, new people want to earn stuff, not get bashed by the old people.

4. the power difference and the fact that there is virtually no punishment for behaving like an asshole cause people to retire, I personally am strong enough to contest bosses (at least until backup is getting there, and when I am not lagging which hardly happens, but still), but most of the players got 0% of contest anything against the high levels in the game.

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
I too have had issues with the client.exe and my antivirus. AVG will completely lock up the application behind the scenes so I disable AVG when running the client (drastic measure, but no biggie.) It's just because the application is an unknown variable to the software (they maintain databases with common applications.) This issue isn't uncommon with applications for small communities.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
I too have had issues with the client.exe and my antivirus. AVG will completely lock up the application behind the scenes so I disable AVG when running the client (drastic measure, but no biggie.) It's just because the application is an unknown variable to the software (they maintain databases with common applications.) This issue isn't uncommon with applications for small communities.
Is it possible to add something that stops the program if the anti virus is fighting it? or at least warn me about it? because I keep getting corrupted files, and I would really prefer not to stop my anti virus if I have a choice

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Mir.exe's have always been flagged by AV's this is nothing new.

Uninstall AVG. Use something that works. Live happily ever after.

Avira, 360-TP and Bitdefender are all free and allow you to add a directory or file exception so it ignores them. Computing 101.

kevin87

Night date without obligations, one night only
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa
1. BOSSES SHOULD NOT BE GLOBAL. I cannot continue to stress this more, there are so many wrong things with it, starting by the main fact that MVP has one person sitting in sz at all time, they are not that active as you think, but when they see global, they call the rest, log in, and ****ing destroys everyone's fun.

2. The PVP needs an urgent change MVP are currently just pking everyone, and I am not even complaining about them attacking me, but they are warring the noob guild and attack random new players just for fun in town (the next point), thus making them really frustrated from the server.

What you want the system to do is to prevent people from random killing noobs, and yet to allow pvp, lvl cap of pvp is not the ideal system, but this is:

a. declaring war should cost 10m, so MVP won't declare war against everyone 24/7 and thus gain free pking status (thus saving other small guilds from getting destroyed)

b. what you want from the pking points system is to prevent people from randomly attacking people 24/7 and focusing on their important opponents. pk points be a lot slower to lose, if you become red, you should become red for 48 hours, this won't stop people from pking someone at a boss or something (and against bigger guild you just declare war), but it will prevent MVP from random pking noobs for fun, because they actually need to save the pking points for someone important, also becoming red should be a lot faster.

3 . Stop making everyone contest every single boss, sunken is a stupid idea that allows the main guild to bully the rest of the people, and the drops there should not be buffed to make everyone want to go there in the 2 hours its open.

4. remove the stupid auto updater from the game or find another solution/another updater - I understand the point of it, but right now its just preventing from many people to enter the game, I have to turn off my anti virus because it makes it scream so much I cannot anything about it, and many people believe it has a virus inside.

only good point in that was the auto patcher, fair enough its annoying get it gone, but the everything else is absolute bulls!, im sorry but if im in town and my guild and another guild are fighting im going to help them and war them to stop both me and them going red and getting curse ( therefore you should be thanking MVP for the wars, just so you aint spending your tiny little gold pool) benes aren't easy to come by.

red for 48hrs...... 48HRS seriously kidding me right, mir is based on PVP and PK its what most people love and still play this game with 2.5D graphics mmo, there is no other reason people play it, is their? i mean you have competitiveness like, being highest level, best dc/sc/mc bleh bleh, but pk and pvp is what makes mir, as for the killing people in noob guild i dont agree with it, but are the noob guild helping an enemy guild in pvps or pks? if so then why not war them and stop themselves going red or cursing?

contesting for bosses is also apart of mir, weather they have a noob in sz looking to see what bosses people are going to just so they can kill and take them from you is them being lazy, how it sounds to me is MVP has dominated the server and a lot of people are crying on the game, stop your crying and put in the hours if you cant then go play WOW or something.... rant over

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
only good point in that was the auto patcher, fair enough its annoying get it gone, but the everything else is absolute bulls!, im sorry but if im in town and my guild and another guild are fighting im going to help them and war them to stop both me and them going red and getting curse ( therefore you should be thanking MVP for the wars, just so you aint spending your tiny little gold pool) benes aren't easy to come by.

red for 48hrs...... 48HRS seriously kidding me right, mir is based on PVP and PK its what most people love and still play this game with 2.5D graphics mmo, there is no other reason people play it, is their? i mean you have competitiveness like, being highest level, best dc/sc/mc bleh bleh, but pk and pvp is what makes mir, as for the killing people in noob guild i dont agree with it, but are the noob guild helping an enemy guild in pvps or pks? if so then why not war them and stop themselves going red or cursing?

contesting for bosses is also apart of mir, weather they have a noob in sz looking to see what bosses people are going to just so they can kill and take them from you is them being lazy, how it sounds to me is MVP has dominated the server and a lot of people are crying on the game, stop your crying and put in the hours if you cant then go play WOW or something.... rant over

To be fair, original MIR PK times were a bit excessive:

1-99 White
100-199 Yellow
200+ Red

Each kill was 100 points.

Each point took 1 minute to tick off.

So, kill a few people you would completely **** your character for hours if not days.

The idea was if you wanted to kill people you should be prepared for the punishment. I mean, if you're interested in it, why not create a character for the sole purpose of PK?

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005

I am reading your post and I am wondering if you did the same.

1. for every good thing there could be side effects, pking in town in every single game was always a problem and if you want to do it go ahead, but be careful of getting red, and yeah 48 hours is not a bad idea considering your guild is attacking pretty much anyone anywhere, and unlike my char they cannot defend themselves. also guess what, you deserve it, you are acting like assholes, so if people in town get to fight you by making you red, I don't see anything bad in it, and I think that if you had to decide who to attack to conserve the points, it would only do good for the server (won't stop pking, but would make it that you only attack people you should attack and not otherwise)

I would accept an argument that points should stay for a week, so you can get lets say 5 kills a week or something (enough to contest bosses easily), and if you pass it you get punished hard (like red for 48h), that way its much more balanced and you let people contest yet they have to think if they want to attack that noob next to them.

2. you are the lazy ones on the server, half of MVP are sitting in sz and were just waiting for global, not to contest a boss, but to annoy the people who are there. There has been maybe 2 or 3 times (a bit more if you include sub bosses) i have been contested by mvp for a boss that has no global in the entire time I played here, and its because guess what... you are the lazy ones.

3. no this game is not pvp built, it was never even close to be balanced in pvp way, and if you just want to pvp, go play league of legends or something like that, mir is a mmorpg that the pvp system is meant to stop people to annoy you but yet to stop you from destroying other people fun.

Last edited:

kevin87

Night date without obligations, one night only
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa
I am reading your post and I am wondering if you did the same.

1. for every good thing there could be side effects, pking in town in every single game was always a problem and if you want to do it go ahead, but be careful of getting red, and yeah 48 hours is not a bad idea considering your guild is attacking pretty much anyone anywhere, and unlike my char they cannot defend themselves. also guess what, you deserve it, you are acting like assholes, so if people in town get to fight you by making you red, I don't see anything bad in it, and I think that if you had to decide who to attack to conserve the points, it would only do good for the server (won't stop pking, but would make it that you only attack people you should attack and not otherwise)

I would accept an argument that points should stay for a week, so you can get lets say 5 kills a week or something (enough to contest bosses easily), and if you pass it you get punished hard (like red for 48h), that way its much more balanced and you let people contest yet they have to think if they want to attack that noob next to them.

2. you are the lazy ones on the server, half of MVP are sitting in sz and were just waiting for global, not to contest a boss, but to annoy the people who are there. There has been maybe 2 or 3 times (a bit more if you include sub bosses) i have been contested by mvp for a boss that has no global in the entire time I played here, and its because guess what... you are the lazy ones.

3. no this game is not pvp built, it was never even close to be balanced in pvp way, and if you just want to pvp, go play league of legends or something like that, mir is a mmorpg that the pvp system is meant to stop people to annoy you but yet to stop you from destroying other people fun.

think you need to read again pal, because i stated that MVP are becoming lazy, and no1 mentioned euro at any point in this if that is what your going on based on "origional mir" over the years people have found that Mir being pk and open is more enjoyable to most of the community, 48 hrs is an extreme i can see the idea but no, no1 is going to implement it so stop trying unless your a care bear, the pk points going down as quick as they do then fair enough change it but you expect someone to be online for 48hrs untill they're yellow again? not a chance they'll be red for weeks, and not many people who play mir are carebears, like you guys seem to think mvp have had it easy on this whole server, when hold on.... didn't the other 3 guilds playing the server merge together to stop MVP? sure they did.... and its failed, so its still more crying posts about mvp.

on every mir server official or private there is always one guild that dominates the server regardless and its either your apart of it or you aint, and thats what it seems to be in this case in my eyes

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
think you need to read again pal, because i stated that MVP are becoming lazy, and no1 mentioned euro at any point in this if that is what your going on based on "origional mir" over the years people have found that Mir being pk and open is more enjoyable to most of the community, 48 hrs is an extreme i can see the idea but no, no1 is going to implement it so stop trying unless your a care bear, the pk points going down as quick as they do then fair enough change it but you expect someone to be online for 48hrs untill they're yellow again? not a chance they'll be red for weeks, and not many people who play mir are carebears, like you guys seem to think mvp have had it easy on this whole server, when hold on.... didn't the other 3 guilds playing the server merge together to stop MVP? sure they did.... and its failed, so its still more crying posts about mvp.

on every mir server official or private there is always one guild that dominates the server regardless and its either your apart of it or you aint, and thats what it seems to be in this case in my eyes
ok this is the last time I am going to try to explain it to you.

The reason the pk system is implamented, is to prevent a state where players can just random pk anyone they see including new people who will never really play because its so frustrating, it is not meant to prevent people from contesting boss.

Thus, the solution is to punish people for killing randomly people around the map, you are hardly contested in this game, and since you should not pk people randomly without going unpunished, you only need a limited amount of kills, that otherwise you would be able to pk anyone you want, you should think twice if you wanna pk that lvl 40 wiz near the pot shop who is potting now, you should think twice if you wanna pk that guy who is lvling in the middle of the cave and is not even going for the boss, thats what the pking system is for.

Now, there is a difference between carebear servers (don't pk anyone), to a server that like pretty much any game say, you can pk, but think twice if its worth because you have limited amount of kills. thats how a pk system should be implemented,

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
So many of these posts are wrong.

Yes the majority of people who still play MIR, do it for the PK/PvP, however the game wasn't made mainly for this. There is in fact a lot more PvE within this game than PvP.

I have too say the current PK system is not harsh enough on people who PK, and with guild wars it is even easier too grief many players who are just trying to enjoy the PvE side of the game.

If I ever had the time too make a server I would introduce an honor system through PvP and have gear with PvP based stats. And a range of maps too have fight on, 3v3, 5v5 and 10v10 battle grounds.

There would be a cap level, experience gained at cap level would be used too buy gems/Benes and various other things.

Each dungeon would have a "Heroic" version for the cap level, which can be run once a day and is instanced. There would also be Hell versions which are open world so its a fight for those bosses. Both versions can drop the best items, but the Hell version had the higher chances.

Basically I would do everything I can to make the game viable for every type of player, not just the hardcore players.

StuTheBru

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hi xmass and no mir ,,, brother sent me a client.exe that fixed it the otherr day,(im in bristol norm on angelsey,,so going his house isant possable.but would fix me)
but now i have the proper crystal updater,its failing as thr game comes on after i have signed in (box comes up as doors open) windows in closing ect,,
and mt bro"s client.exe"s hes sending me since isant fixing it,,some of us arnt pc wizards so everytime things get changed im stuck,and that seems to be every day or two,,
mir was never aproblem like this before,the patchers always worked,it maybe the crystal files are so different that no one has masterd patching with them,or they are only for people that can repaire ther own game every 5mins,,but pc noobs like me are off at xmass lol stu

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
Hi xmass and no mir ,,, brother sent me a client.exe that fixed it the otherr day,(im in bristol norm on angelsey,,so going his house isant possable.but would fix me)
but now i have the proper crystal updater,its failing as thr game comes on after i have signed in (box comes up as doors open) windows in closing ect,,
and mt bro"s client.exe"s hes sending me since isant fixing it,,some of us arnt pc wizards so everytime things get changed im stuck,and that seems to be every day or two,,
mir was never aproblem like this before,the patchers always worked,it maybe the crystal files are so different that no one has masterd patching with them,or they are only for people that can repaire ther own game every 5mins,,but pc noobs like me are off at xmass lol stu
the updater seem to load corrupted files, look at my post, will fix it:
http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?93315-ok-so-this-is-how-I-got-into-the-game