so now we've seen that chronicles is crap

Dorf

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
Just a question really, currently the chronicles client is utter shite for melee pvp, so is going to ruby/heroes client the way ahead? Or maybe jamie's idea, which really is the best of the bunch because he has complete control.. I'm not talking about balance, we can all see sam has basically been smoking weed for most of chronicles, but I'm talking gameplay, as in stuff you log on and expect, not content..

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Seriously not fussed mate forum full of morons anyway look at Dorf for a perfect example.

davey_boyy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 8, 2011
Yup im hugely disappointed in chronicles it has such great potential first 2 months very good user count, still is fairly good but its going down every week, the problem is that genuine low rate private servers just never ever work... ok exp wise it can work but extremely rare drop rates on things like skill books is just plain boring 3 months into server not a single Flame field, Curse etc book not even dropped and yet 100 people reached 44 and several 45.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Good files, not so good management - or rather, not enough time on his hands to deal with us Mirians.

C Sharp files are great don't get me wrong, but it's not down to the files. It's down to the server creator to ultimately make a decent server.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Good files, not so good management - or rather, not enough time on his hands to deal with us Mirians.

C Sharp files are great don't get me wrong, but it's not down to the files. It's down to the server creator to ultimately make a decent server.

In which no one currently has in 2014 so far :P

Dorf

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009

This was essentially what I was trying to say, however, for me the melee aspect of the game was and is a big issue, from what I can gather from Sam's posts, there isn't a way to make it different from the current 'run up and stand there holding your dick' pvp on the server. Some of the features of the server were fine, but as you said, it really needs someone with lots of time to dedicate, otherwise it ends up like it has. It would be interesting if someone who understands not just the dynamics of the gameplay, but also what players expect and want from a server actually gets their head together and comes up with something.. Over to you kori..