So ware did Mir files come from?

Join Discord

daniejam

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
why do u keep posting crap in wrong places?

and they put them on there ftp n ppl stole em

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
The first files were obtinaed a few weeks before euro mir updated to the "Spider Patch" IIRC They were publically available on the wemade FTP and all in korean/chinese so that GN could download them and translate.

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
What DF said but they where Korean
also as they where found on a public ftp they where not stolen

The Chinese somehow managed to get there hands on 1.4 source code and started to code there own emu
They started with a 1.4 base and codded upto what we have today

BH

AGuyWithAThing

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2003
i thought the wrote their own emulators like an american team is doing excetp the american teams ones aren't filled with as much crap

i.e. the ledu client that thing sucks who ever wrote it never heard of memory allocation if the dude who wrote the ledu client reads this forum or someone from here knows that person give em this link http://oopweb.com/CPP/Documents/CPPHOWTO/Volume/C++Programming-HOWTO-9.html it's a short read on memory allocation but it's a start....

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
AGuyWithAThing said:
i thought the wrote their own emulators like an american team is doing excetp the american teams ones aren't filled with as much crap

i.e. the ledu client that thing sucks who ever wrote it never heard of memory allocation if the dude who wrote the ledu client reads this forum or someone from here knows that person give em this link http://oopweb.com/CPP/Documents/CPPHOWTO/Volume/C++Programming-HOWTO-9.html it's a short read on memory allocation but it's a start....

You are talking about clients which are different then server files
if you dont like Ledu dont use it or you make a better client

Also what american team is this you speak of?

BH

AGuyWithAThing

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2003
I don't use the Ledu client i tried it hate it n only use the origional clients, actually I was thinking of writing my own server and client similar to the SQLmir2 which TBH has been by far the BEST release of any client, it's optional database connectivity through ODBC is great

I was going to try to make an extended screen res client just as a test 1 map, interface and movement but nothing else

and the other team i speak of is http://www.legendofmir.cc/

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
i think there are quite a few lil stories that are floating around about how we got the server files, but i cant reli understand y they would have put there files on a pulic ftp :S doesnt make sense to me, to give them out.

AGuyWithAThing

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2003
killmaster said:
i think there are quite a few lil stories that are floating around about how we got the server files, but i cant reli understand y they would have put there files on a pulic ftp :S doesnt make sense to me, to give them out.

maybe some employee got laid off n thought i know lets screw wemade over muwhahahahahaha

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Its possible but you thought they might have been a bit more carefull with there files than what they seemed to be.

AGuyWithAThing

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2003
the dude laid off could of been one of the lead coders and or developers and then crashed the network but leaving the web server n FTP up laughing in his car outside looking at his p45

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
AGuyWithAThing said:
I don't use the Ledu client i tried it hate it n only use the origional clients, actually I was thinking of writing my own server and client similar to the SQLmir2 which TBH has been by far the BEST release of any client, it's optional database connectivity through ODBC is great

I was going to try to make an extended screen res client just as a test 1 map, interface and movement but nothing else

and the other team i speak of is http://www.legendofmir.cc/

YKWs client and server is fully codded by himself and is a clone of mir
He has been working on it for over 2 years now
The chinese add what they think will make mir better while YKW is codding a clone more so the improve his codding skills and to learn

YKW and his team plan to run a server when YKW is finished and happy with his files and there is no plans for his files to be released to the public (AFAIK)

The Chinese code and release there files for sale, there are some sites out there that crack these files and release them to the Chinese public and we find and use them on our servers

This is what we have and this is what we use
until someone codes a full set of files and releases them(slim chance)
or wemade stick there files on a public ftp again and we find them (again slim chance)
What choice do we have

Also read post 3 re where the first files came from as this is the true story (some of us where there at the time and thats where we got them)
BH

Last edited:

AGuyWithAThing

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2003
we can always hope for a disgruntled employee to be laid off again lol

I'd give a full client n server a go with a few friends if i wern't knee deep in other priorities that n i start my software engineering masters in september

although would be a nifty final project but have 5 years to do it by that time me thinks mir would be faded out

and u guys will probably be playin legend of warcraft or world of destiny *wink* *wink*

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
mayb there will still be a couple of mir servers around in 5 years time , who knows? :O

I recon mir2 may be faded by then, but ther will still be some Mir3 server i think ^__^

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
in 5 years time mir2 and mir3 will be gone, they will have mir4 which is 3d most likely.

Python5

VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
well. i was the first person with them using a exploit on Wemade and stealing them. i then formed a team with LouD and Dataforce and many many others :D

we then translated and had the first server which was then leaked.

later when EI was out. i broke back into wemade and stole other little nice things from them :)

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Python5 said:
well. i was the first person with them using a exploit on Wemade and stealing them. i then formed a team with LouD and Dataforce and many many others :D

we then translated and had the first server which was then leaked.

later when EI was out. i broke back into wemade and stole other little nice things from them :)

Sorry to burst your bubble but....

ftp21hm.jpg

I was given that screenshot a while ago and as you can see the files came from a public ftp, and not from an exploit. Please do not lie Python, not only does it make you look bad, it makes the LOMCN staff look bad =)

/Miles