So ware did Mir files come from?

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Still cant believe that the files were put onto a public FTP -_-

How were mir3 files found then? :O the same way? if so i would have thought that Wemade would have learnt from there mistakes lol :P

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
ash1234 said:

How were mir3 files found then? :O the same way? if so i would have thought that Wemade would have learnt from there mistakes lol :P

omg gd question -.-

and woool files ??

hmmm same things happening to every online game :P

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
OoOoOo24 said:
omg gd question -.-

and woool files ??

hmmm same things happening to every online game :P
1.9 files that we have are emulated, and developed from a 1.4 source i beleive.

Wool files were developed from the plumewind source or something like that, they aint the official files afaik.

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Hmmm, because 1.9 files are a developed source, would that class as our own work and not wemade's? so the 1.9 files are legal? o__O

Stupid question i know, but i am just wondering :P

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
ash1234 said:

Wemade did learn from their mistakes - the EI files were given to the MSRF (mir server resource forum - the main mir forum before LOMCN but with no noobs) EI team by someone who was chinese (i'm not sure how he had them though). I'm sure about this beause i live next to the person who the Chinese dude gave the files too, and therefore i knew everything about what happened.

/Miles

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
i highly doubt it. since wemade made the scorce code and i highly doubt changing it/emulating it bypasses copyright law

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Miles said:
Wemade did learn from their mistakes - the EI files were given to the MSRF (mir server resource forum - the main mir forum before LOMCN but with no noobs) EI team by someone who was chinese (i'm not sure how he had them though). I'm sure about this beause i live next to the person who the Chinese dude gave the files too, and therefore i knew everything about what happened.

/Miles

Does this mean the MIR3 files are 100% legal then?

I know this isn't really mir2 chat, but it is still to do with Server Files and Where they came from. :P

EDIT: i mis read the post you made Miles. I was thinking that the guy who was chinese was a MIR Offcial -_- But i still request an answer for my question above ^__^ :P

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i was lead to believe that python took it from wemade, then placed it on their own ftp.

who knows. who cares. not me.

duckanddive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 11, 2006
mir2 -> obtained on wemade ftp
mir3 -> obtained by chinese
woool -> emu
3d mir -> emu

Python5

VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Miles said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but....

ftp21hm.jpg

I was given that screenshot a while ago and as you can see the files came from a public ftp, and not from an exploit. Please do not lie Python, not only does it make you look bad, it makes the LOMCN staff look bad =)

/Miles

lol. yea. u got 1 of my screenshots. how do u think they got there?? MAGIC?

i moved them there..

i sent that image to loud LOL

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
what looks funny, is the files on the ftp are 300mb+ and the ones we get are 16mb ish oO

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
if they were being transfered for translation/testing they wouldnt need to send over the complete korean char databases oO

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
For some reason, i just don't beleive Python :/.

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
tbh pixeys came down from MiR heaven and took the files from the evil wemade and spreaded them across the world for gamers to become sad and fat and forget what oxygen feels like :O

stupid thread tbh... well done the Python if ya did nick em...

/EchoMan

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
so Python did pike them and put them back on there public FTP lmao? wotta piss take imo.