So? who actually wants a stable server where they pay subs?

Dorf

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
No offense to anyone, but HR makes me sick.. it's really boring.. yes I;m a grinder and yes I can get lvl150 trillion, but I really dislike HR. And it seems this is being shoved down our throats.. I'm just wondering, of the community left, is anyone like me who actually craves a stable low-med rate server that they don't mind donating 5 quid a month as subs? I really enjoyed playing bluenova, unfortunately saori has decided to turn it into some mad server overnight, not really my cup of tea tbh, but, i got 15 quid a month maybe 20 going begging, and it made me think anyone else got a similar amount going begging? It would only take another 2 or 3 folks like me and hey presto, that's a dedi paid for.. I'd ideally like Hone to answer my thread, preferrably after 20 others have said they'd pay subs lol.. Anyways, am I alone.. or is this feasible?

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
If the server had a few really dedicated coders in which would produce a mass update once a month to keep the user base up this could work. However a nooby team this would just fail. Also you probly wouldnt get away with it.

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
Essencemir is going online very soon.Its been up for testing for a few weeks now.
The only down side its 2.3 but it is a low/medium rate

DiabloDoom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 1, 2010
Essencemir is going online very soon.Its been up for testing for a few weeks now.

Lol, he said stable.

Anyway, not a lot of people are trusted enough on here to actually have people subscribe, if a server was going to have a 100 - 200 Usercount, and the owner had run good servers previously, then i would, but there's to many mongs putting servers up for a month then closing them.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Are you talking about making people pay to play?

If so I think WeMade would end up getting involved.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

and ran by you. and has silly donations like all ur servers

If the server had a few really dedicated coders in which would produce a mass update once a month to keep the user base up this could work. However a nooby team this would just fail. Also you probly wouldnt get away with it.

surely that is kind of what 4heros is, im the dedicated file side of things, and matts the dedicated coder.

exactly, and majoirty of private server players are just that because they are FREE TO PLAY.

a p2p server would get a very poor usercount and not even take off, would be pointless

yet another pointless idea from ramb, wd!

also... low or high rate.. they are just numbers, the gameplay is exactly the same, it just depends how the server owner developes and maintains the server

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Nice try but gtfo.

What a dumb comment...it makes no odds. If WeMade cared about people paying to play, they'd have acted a long time ago...no matter how much you tart it up, a game shop is essentially being paid for the use of WeMade's content. The fact a system like this would be raking in a LOT less money than gameshops and "donations", would also play a big part.

Think before you open your trap next time.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
What a dumb comment...it makes no odds. If WeMade cared about people paying to play, they'd have acted a long time ago...no matter how much you tart it up, a game shop is essentially being paid for the use of WeMade's content. The fact a system like this would be raking in a LOT less money than gameshops and "donations", would also play a big part.

maybe you should take ur own advice moron

you have no idea what wemade would do, nor does celsius, no1 does but wemade. Dont try and force ur opinions (cause thats all it is) onto ppl.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008

I have far more experience in dealing with WeMade/GamePot than you.

While they don't currently get involved with donations servers, they could easily do so with a p2p server. Say a server was p2p, £5 a month to play and had 200 active accounts. Thats £1000 a month right? Pennies to WeMade, no? However, it allows them to easily see how much a server is making, probably prompting them to take more action against the server.

Maybe you should be the one to think before you speak, all you do is post on a forum and play the occasional server, come back when you have the slightest idea of what you're talking about.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I have far more experience in dealing with WeMade/GamePot than you.

While they don't currently get involved with donations servers, they could easily do so with a p2p server. Say a server was p2p, £5 a month to play and had 200 active accounts. Thats £1000 a month right? Pennies to WeMade, no? However, it allows them to easily see how much a server is making, probably prompting them to take more action against the server.

Maybe you should be the one to think before you speak, all you do is post on a forum and play the occasional server, come back when you have the slightest idea of what you're talking about.

Oh no, really? Buddy you have no idea what I have experience in or who I talk to, so do not pull that one on me. The fact you're pretending to quote WM/GP when in fact all you're doing is speculating is even more amusing. Not everyone here is as dumb as Iceman or Bon; you'd do well to bear that in mind in future.

On a more relevant note, what you're saying is neither here nor there, because it's clear as day that the OP wasn't for a minute suggesting that a server with 200, even 100 - no - even 50 people P2P on a single server at £5p/m. He's saying do it in order to cover dedi costs only.

Read properly and reply relevantly, or don't bother at all. Chump.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Oh no, really? Buddy you have no idea what I have experience in or who I talk to, so do not pull that one on me. The fact you're pretending to quote WM/GP when in fact all you're doing is speculating is even more amusing. Not everyone here is as dumb as Iceman or Bon; you'd do well to bear that in mind in future.

On a more relevant note, what you're saying is neither here nor there, because it's clear as day that the OP wasn't for a minute suggesting that a server with 200, even 100 - no - even 50 people P2P on a single server at £5p/m. He's saying do it in order to cover dedi costs only.

When have I ever said I am quoting Wemade or GamePot? Please, point this one out to me.

Figures were an example, but they still state the point, it gives them an easy way to observe and monitor the income of the server, unlike servers that take donations. You really have no idea what you're on about.

Also, you clearly have no idea(you seem to like bold) about the experiences we have had with WeMade/GamePot.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

lol you really are a stuck up **** that thinks he knows it all

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
When have I ever said I am quoting Wemade or GamePot? Please, point this one out to me.

Figures were an example, but they still state the point, it gives them an easy way to observe and monitor the income of the server, unlike servers that take donations. You really have no idea what you're on about.

Also, you clearly have no idea(you seem to like bold) about the experiences we have had with WeMade/GamePot.

When did I say you said you were? To me it was obvious that that's what you were trying to do.

They have no way of monitoring the income of a server who has a handful of people who send monthly subs to the owner any more than they can with a gameshop. (And please, stop saying donations, it just makes you look thick.) Do explain to me how you think that is not the case.

You clearly have no idea of the experiences that I have had with WM/GP either. You're actually so ignorant it's painful.

Bold and italics in text are used for emphasis of pronunciation! You know I do get tired of talking to idiots all day long.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
I would rather p2p than have silly donation servers or whatever (not than any mir server is worth p2p), but i'd much rather have no donations n no p2p and if the players liked the server and wish for it stay up then they could donate a little towards the dedi costs but with NO reward/bonus, those days are well behind though :P

And yes i'd like to play a good low rate but it would have to be alot different to all the euro based servers.

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
lol you really are a stuck up **** that thinks he knows it all

Pot, kettle, and all that.

But please can we all get back on topic.

I think the guy was mainly sayin an option to subscribe (Like Pob did with his Dark Realm server) where the subs get an added bonus (Extra EXP lets say) but there's still an option to play for free.
A P2P server only would get about 5 users, if that.

Correct me if I'm wrong here...

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004

Would rather use 2.3 files than elysian files that you can't even add mobs into without a coder.

Main downside would be that you're running it.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Would rather use 2.3 files than elysian files that you can't even add mobs into without a coder.

Main downside would be that you're running it.

Ruby M2 now supports gfx folders heros and vars didnt take long just had to wait for kyn to get into his new job and home.

but i wouldnt mind playing a server play $5 for like a vip or something.

DiabloDoom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 1, 2010
Ruby M2 now supports gfx folders heros and vars didnt take long just had to wait for kyn to get into his new job and home.

but i wouldnt mind playing a server play $5 for like a vip or something.

Ruby M2 files are crap, hero's are crap, Elysian was crap, and Pob's a mong, Essence Mir will be crap as you haven't actually listened to people's main problem (pob).

About the Subscription thing and WeMade/Gamepot:

If they monitored how many people played and how much the subscription cost, they could easily say "We have lost out on X amount" and could probs easily sue for the amount the server made etc (i don't know what there copyright is like so not sure weather taking subcriptions or running a server is illegal but if it was, then it wouldn't be hard for them to sue)