Some Help

Join Discord

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
I need some help , my computer started getting some errors when i open m2server , "Object cannot be placed. Please make sure you have the last Microsoft Data Acces Components (2.1 or later)."

Well... I checked for it on google and it seems like... there's no such thing for Win7 yet lol.

Any idea how to fix it? Without re-installing windows of course.

Edit: Yes i reinstalled Microsoft Office if some one was gonna suggest that.

Gritt

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2011
Which version of Mir server are you running?.
MS Office uses odbc and other data hooks , e.g. access , excel.
If you have re-installed then the chances they have overwritten the orginal paths etc .
I am aware there are no 64Bit ODBC drivers now, I mean that ODBC is quite old in order to port it to 64Bit and I think that you will have to use the 32Bit Windows if the tools that are using require the old technique. There are 2 locations for the 64 bit machine:
C:\windows\System32\odbcad32.exe
C:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
So search for the c:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe and then set its path to c:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe.
After you have searched for the c:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe and then go in to the control panel and navigate to the select data sources (ODBC) and in to the properties ,I select the shortcut tab and then changed the path in the target area to the c:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe.

If this issue can not be solved then go to http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5793
And install that , Win7 is not listed but should work as i have it installed on my works laptop for a old website i support.

Get back to me if these ideas dont workand I will scratch my head further ........

Reactions: JealY

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
Well I use JP Files, using Acces... I reinstalled microsoft acces AFTER the error started appearing , i thought it would've fixed it. I'm having 32bit so i don't have any C/windows/syswow64/odbcad32.exe.

I already installed that a lot of times, first thing i did was searching on google but it didn't help so i thought i'll post here.

Gritt

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2011
Hmm , only thing i can think off is file mismatch in your mdac set up with maybe insufficient rights and or the JET component is corrupt or not installed.
Can

Typically that error occurs if your trying to write to a table in an object which is either locked or there is limted access connection.
Can you open the access db at all ?
is there any "MSAcess" listed in your odbc in your control panel ?

You can try this
Click on Start > Control Panel > Use the drop-down-menu > Click on "All Control Panel Items" > Administrative Tools > Here you use the mouse curser to highlight Data Sources (ODBC ) and then you right-click on it. You click on "Run as Administrator" > Click on "Properties" > Security > Edit > Advanced > Here you have to turn on or simply "tick" all boxes under "Allow" except "Special Permissions" which should be left unchecked. Then confirm by "Apply" ,"OK" "Apply" "OK" to close everything. Now you can click on the Data Sources(ODBC) and under "Drivers" you will find everything there hopefully.

Let me know if you still have issues , I can ask around at work latter.

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
I can open the DB , tried many times, and it appears on that list.

Did that but it didn't change anything.

Just remembered, i get some stupid error when i start PC is something to run svbathost or something like that. I press cancel every time (well...reflex) , could that possibly be related to my problem in any way?

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
System restore back to where it was working, then try avoid what you may have done to cause the error in the first place :)

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
System restore back to where it was working, then try avoid what you may have done to cause the error in the first place :)

That's the problem here, it's my first time with JP files and i didn't use lemon for ages... So i don't have a really good point to restore the system lol