Sorry if repeat but i really need help

smoochy boys on tour

GODESS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
uk
Ok i got a dedicated server and have logged into it and seemed to be going fine. Now when i download SQL server 2000 which was found in a link Lyncus gave out on here i can't install the database part of it. The auto run option will not run that section of the install. Could any1 help me out i have now been trying this for 2 days and still no joy. No sleep last night trying to sort this and nothing.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Few questions for you:

1. What operating system does this dedicated server run?

2. What Version of MSSQL Are you trying to install, there is Developers, Standard etc. Remembering that most need a Server OS and won't install on XP.

3. Is there a reason for a Dedicated Server? Are you expecting a LOT of people to join your server?

4. Have you installed and got running MSSQL + Mir3 Server on your own Box first so you know what you are doing?

5. Why did you stay up all night? What is the rush

Upvote 0

GODESS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
uk
Few questions for you:

1. What operating system does this dedicated server run?

Microsoft indows Server 2003 web edition SP1

2. What Version of MSSQL Are you trying to install, there is Developers, Standard etc. Remembering that most need a Server OS and won't install on XP.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...B-F60E02DC1335

3. Is there a reason for a Dedicated Server? Are you expecting a LOT of people to join your server?

Neither me or my co-worker can supply a hosted server from home as router troubles on his pc and i not able to leave pc on all the time.

4. Have you installed and got running MSSQL + Mir3 Server on your own Box first so you know what you are doing?

He has had the server up on his pc before and also Lyncus has tried helping us with box but he can't get it set up either.

5. Why did you stay up all night? What is the rush

Because we have had trouble with the dedicated server supplier and i wanna know if its working if not i am going to get in contact with them and complain as there has been no response to our emails.

answers supplied

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Question 2 and I got this:

We’re sorry, but there is no Microsoft.com Web page that matches your entry. It is possible you typed the address incorrectly, or the page may no longer exist. You may wish to try another entry or choose from the links below, which we hope will help you find what you’re looking for.

Upvote 0

MasterQ

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 6, 2006
London

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    97.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    78.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Upvote 0

GODESS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
uk
its the windows sql server 200 evaluation edition (protect against slammer worm)

Upvote 0