Sound Driver!

smoochy boys on tour

Blimey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2011
Hero Village
Just formated a pc, and run some driver prog i use. It shows a sound driver and installs it but i still dont have any sound. Cant even change volume in control pannel.

When i used everest home to find out what sound card i had. Under windows Audio it shows as blank, but under PCI/PnP Audio i got this.

Device Description Type
Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller [B-1] PCI

And this from mother board. Any help really apreciated guys!

Field Value
Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID 01/10/2005-Grantsdale-6A79DM4IC-00
Motherboard Name MSI MS-7091 (Medion OEM)

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel NetBurst
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 800 MHz
Bandwidth 6400 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type Dual DDR SDRAM
Bus Width 128-bit
Real Clock 167 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 333 MHz
Bandwidth 5333 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel Direct Media Interface

Motherboard Manufacturer
Company Name Micro-Star International
Product Information http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_list.php
BIOS Download http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/bios/bos/spt_bos_list.php

mapadale

As it's an MSI board, it will be one of the three drivers in this .rar file. it sounds very much like the realtek HD driver.

Last edited:

Blimey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2011
Hero Village
No im using xp pro. Im downloading the 3 in .rar now. I dont know if this makes a dif (im a novice :P) im plugging the speakers into the front of pc, it has some box with sd card reader slots, usb slots, micro phone, and sound. There is also sound slots on the back.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Haz could you post link to the download plz.

@Map i tried all the drivers you posted and none of them work. I get no audio device when i click on sound in control pannel.

---------- Post added 15-10-2011 at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was 13-10-2011 at 06:09 PM ----------

bump lol. Have tried over 15 sound drivers and not 1 will work =/ Help!

---------- Post added 18-10-2011 at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was 15-10-2011 at 11:14 AM ----------

Took screenshot from device manager, not sure what im ment to do after that :P

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Did you get any errors while installing Realtek HD Driver? i had a simular problem were i couldn't install realtek driver because of the Microsoft HD Sound driver, (Forgot the full name of the driver) but i uninstalled that driver then installed realtek driver and all was good.

mapadale

right click the media controler and go to properties, then click on details and it should show driver instance id - Copy the information into google and do a search for the device id, it should bring up your driver. Also as sanity said, try uninstalling any sound drviers and installing the drivers I sent, as could be a software confliction.

Blimey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2011
Hero Village
I uninstalled the others before trying the 1's you posted. Il try that instance id and see how it goes, thx guys.

I have allready tried driver genius, it finds a driver but it dont work. I also read some were about someone having sound disabled in bio's. Were do i check this ?

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Dunno if this makes a difference. But im using a edited version of XP. Have used it before with no problems. Am downloading a normal version of XP now. Will fresh install and go from there

mapadale

As per my PM.

It will be looking for the MSI drivers for your board, use their site form this address - http://uk.msi.com/service/download/

Choose option 3 "Live Update" and it should download a program that scans your machine and updates it with all the MSI drivers for your board.

Blimey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2011
Hero Village
I downloaded it, and go to run it but it wont pop up. It shows up in task manager under processes though. Any idea ?