Sound System

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Hey hey.

Well basically i'm looking for a pretty good set of speakers including a subwoofer. Preferably looking for surround sound as well.

Im looking to spend around £150, i know its not much, but was hoping someone could help me find what i'm looking for.

Any help is greatly appreciated ^.^!

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Mine are fine, got for £20 brand new, 5.1 surround sound.

none left from where i got from though, dont think ull need spend £150 for wot u need.

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Tofas said:
Mine are fine, got for £20 brand new, 5.1 surround sound.

none left from where i got from though, dont think ull need spend £150 for wot u need.

How do you know what i need? lol.

I'm looking for something pretty top of the range, with amazing sound quality even at stupidly high volumes.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
DarkXXX said:
How do you know what i need? lol.

I'm looking for something pretty top of the range, with amazing sound quality even at stupidly high volumes.
You'll need a good sound card along with the speakers to get good quality (fell in the trap myself lol, spent all the money on speakers, and then realised the onboard sound card sucks).

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Ragnar said:
You'll need a good sound card along with the speakers to get good quality (fell in the trap myself lol, spent all the money on speakers, and then realised the onboard sound card sucks).

Thanks for the advice :).

I'm currently using a 'SoundMAX Digital Audio' sound card, which i'm guessing is a piece of bog basic crap.

So now i'm looking for a good set of speakers and a good sound card ^.^!

I may stretch to around £200 for something worthwhile, just to give a wider price range.

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
nah yu done need any good sound card lol just buy an amp ;) and a couple of heafty speakers and ull be away

Rampage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2003
Coalville, Leicestershire
i aint got a gd sound card i just got me stereo connected to my onboard sound card this is better then any pc or sorround sound speakers imo go out and buy decent loud stereo with AUX and connect it to ur pc u get mint sound quality and its loud

DarkXXX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 9, 2004
Sheffield
Also forgot to add i'd prefer if the speakers were pretty compact, the size of the subwoofer however doesn't matter.

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
buy a small 400-700 watt amp and buy sum flat speakers that wll be the way tbh.