south affrica 15 england 6.

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
I didnt watch it, unfortunatly had to take the kids on a trip to blackpool!

Well, its all down to lewis hamilton to keep the english flag flying today.

Paul

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
I hate England. I'm not very patriotic lol, anyway the only reason I attempted to watch it was because of all the fuss that was made on here. Epic fail indeed though.

Last edited:

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
One possible try, not that it will ever matter and tbh, it was the ultimate 50-50 decision. England may have lost but to come second place in a tournament which they started as write-offs shows the ability of the team.

If we can build on this team and get it to gel properly and keep improving like we did in the RWC, then we can probably obliterate the next 6nations tournaments and in 4 years time we can start the RWC as a fully fledged team.

At least the Rugby team is doing better than our current piss-take of a football team. Comparing a RWC final loss against superior opposition to the England team being called a "sucess" when they took out some incredibly inferior opposition, and then lost against regular inferior opposition.

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
Wrong.

There was a try, but it was wrongly disallowed.

Dont think we should too much of what got us to the final and ultimatly we paid the price.

Well done south africa.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
off topic, just its a rugby joke

Q: Whats difference between NewZeand and a tea bag?

A: A teabag stays in the cup longer!!!

On topic - England has a very random athletes. They have phases of good spells, and phases of bad. Its typical england and just like english weather CRAP! But sometimes nice.

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
Wrong.

There was a try, but it was wrongly disallowed.

Dont think we should too much of what got us to the final and ultimatly we paid the price.

Well done south africa.

his foot was on the line befor the ball was on the ground, meaning he was in touch. not wrongly disallowed. you can see this with the camera angle of straight down the line. other angles did infact look like a try, but you can calrely see the ball in the air and his foot touching the line.

and the "terrible referee" was more then generous for the english side, not penalising for the push of south african player, pushing him over the side onto the camera, and also giving england a penelty for the obstruction, when the english player just ran into him, after he turned his back 5 seconds befor he bashed into him.

overall boring game, grats for england getting so far, they did play well, but i won 128 euro on the game :)

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
ok the mark cueto try or not a try - i believe from the straight down the line angle he was in touch his foot his the line before he lifted it but it wasn't given anyways. English got away with murder. hands in the ruck. taking the guy in the air on several occasions in the line outs. ( if it was sackey on the wing he wouldve used his physicality to assure the try cueto dived and hoped)

the other thing was south affrica played half the game with 14 men as all Percy Montgomery could do was catch a ball, stroll along with the ball and kick it.

some may say by the 6nations this team will have improved and gel'd more but they wont as several players have announced their retirement from international rugby after the RWC and some such as dallalghio should retire after the RWC.

edit:

Well, its all down to lewis hamilton to keep the english flag flying today.Paul

that doesnt look too good he failed with a serious of problems although i dont follow it myself i read up on it while browsing bbc sport.

Last edited:

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
Dont watch rugby so dunno but to be fair seemed like a crap game gave in watching just after half time would have been nice to win, least we did alot better then our over paid **** we call a football team.

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
But you just typed fu ck, I don't see the problem. Can I ask what the initials FU and CK are short for?

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
The push into the camera was perfectly fine, they were both chasing the ball and its a contact sport. The south african guy was between him and the ball, and therefore is fair game for a shove in an attempt to get it. If it was to bounce backwards, or to the side then a try would have been on the cards and he was entirely within his rights to get himself access to the ball.

Montgomery may not have done much while remaining on the pitch, but they had the option to replace him, and it was still 15 men. Seeing as many RWC matches have descended into "tactical kicking" he basically did as much as he would have done anyway.

Ill assume that by your 6nations comments your referring to me, yet you don't dare address me directly. Considering its the younger players who won't be quitting that have the "gelling" issues im sure this team will be more than ready and fired up for the 6nations. Id make some comment about how great it would be to obliterate Wales in the tournament, but then everyone else gets to do that as well, even Italy probably have a decent shot.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
ok a few things toby flood shoved him when he had no chance of getting to the ball, the ball was more or less out of his grasp if he shoved him earlier i wouldve said fair nuff. and im sure its part of the rules that a player cant be pushed without the ball or part of a ruck.

when it comes to the 6 nations whos gonna replace shaw and kay in the second row? i cnt think of any rising stars in the 2nd row really. and shaw and kay are over the hill.

hooker, regan was it that played in the final, 35 ? hes got to go but again no new comer has been brought onto the international stage.

theyve got peter richards, andy gomarsall and the other scrum half but none of them seem to be outstanding and all 3 are getting on a bit. jonny, geratghy flood are all good at fly half, but in the centre only tait and hipkiss, and farrel if u want to count him, not enough though. plenty of wingers for england to choose from but no full backs.

i dont get a chance to watch much english premiership rugby but theres going to be alot of spaces that need filling.