Ruby Sql Management, Help needed

Join Discord

mattimean

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2012
I've Installed SQL Management last night and it came up with a password alrdy in and user name SA. But wen i try do the (OBDC) part it comes up with error. i believe the password sa i am told to put in from the tutorial is wrong. how can i find out the password for the SQL tht is been used??

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
password will be the same one you entered when you installed the sql server service, if you dont remember it then easiest way is to remove the service and re install, tho i am sure there might be other ways to reset the password if you google it.

Upvote 0

mattimean

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2012
I dont believe it asked me to enter a password tho lol ill figure it out sum how thx for the help.

Upvote 0

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
make sure you enable mixed mode , not just windows authentication or else it wont let the SA account connect.

Upvote 0

mattimean

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2012
i managed to get it all working but still the (OBDC) part aint connecting for me even after using SA account and password..... is the SP2 pack of SQL needed to be downloaded too?

---------- Post Merged on 12-12-2012 at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 11-12-2012 at 02:20 AM ----------

ok i got all the server files installed and client just having the problem wit getting the mssqlserver running from the services...... ive installed and reinstalled so many times but getting same problem. i believe tht is what is stopping from doing the OBDC part in the guide you get with server files. please can any1 help with this.

Upvote 0