sql set up

Join Discord

candy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 5, 2006
anyone have an idiots guide on how to set up mysql so i can run woool plz?

hellcaster

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 24, 2005
Well i'll try and tell you xD here we go. . .lol

Download Sql ...create new database called 'MirWorldDB' Restore it then its done xD

candy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 5, 2006
i have no prob making the dataase, the restoreing part is the problem. in enterprise manager im right clicking on mirworlddb, all tasks, restore database, from device, then im pointing the directry to the db folder with the .sql files are.

after that i just get errors

EMPEROR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2005
i have no prob making the dataase, the restoreing part is the problem. in enterprise manager im right clicking on mirworlddb, all tasks, restore database, from device, then im pointing the directry to the db folder with the .sql files are.

after that i just get errors

Could you tell us what the error says please? Will help more.

I had trouble Restoring my DataBase aswell.. I think i didnt have DataBase Cammander Installed onto computer so make sure you have.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
A File with the Extention .sql is NOT a database that can be restored but a set of Instruction to re-make the databse. It tells you in the file how to re-create the database and it is not by restoring it.

You have two choices:

1. Read the instructions on how to execute the .SQL files and inject the data into SQL
2. Someone backs up there database so you can restore it..

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Chinese LANG pack is required for a Start...
next red writing means it cannot find them in the database...

Best idea - Translate everythign (which your gonna find hard wothout Chinese lang Installed and UniCode changed to correct lang) and then the Error will go away !!!

candy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 5, 2006
hmm so i guess theres no simple way of setting up a server on my own ip just so i can mess around on it

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Yes, its very simple probably one of the simplest servers to set up. Follow the guide. Those errors dont mean anything apart from the items or monsters cant be found.