Stange goings on

smoochy boys on tour

gandy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
Ive set up many Mir3 server before in my time so i know pretty much everything off by heart but ive come accross a strange problem.

Server was running fine online, net disconnected overnight and server stalled. My LAN IP had changed .0.6 to .0.4 even though its set in router to be reserved but oh well......

Changed all ports to new ip, checked with canyouseeme, all worked slammed server up, fine. logged in fine, clicked start nothing...the button just lights up and sounds like its being clicked but nothing happened.

I also noticed my server loaded up within 4 seconds. it usually takes about 15-20

The point where i believe its having trouble is loading maps. When it says loading maps it usually counts about X/2000 (in the title of the loading window) and takes about 10 seconds. It does it in a millisecond now.

So i used trial reset, enetered key again the server loads auto after you've enetered the key and it did the count to 2000. thought fine great its sorted now. Botted server back up and it skips again.

All paths are right (i get no errors at all during loading) So im assuming its not letting me press start due to there being no maps loaded. Is there anywhere apart from mapinfo and the map dir that it looks for maps? ive tried deleting all maps apart from bichon and only having bichon in map info but it does the same thing. Also i emptied mapquest, and default.txt or and all NPCs...infact anything thats to do with checking what map your on.

Sorry for such a long post, but im stumped and i hope its something trivial but ive never come accross it before. Mapinfo path is correct in DB server btw.

Anyone shed any light?

Code:
ready to load ini file..
!setup.txt loaded..
loading string resource...
String resource loaded.
Connected to common database.
Connected to SqlDB database.
loading MiniMap.txt...
MiniMap information loaded.
loading MapFiles...
Mapfile loaded.
loading DropRareItems.DB...
DropRareItems.DB loaded.
loading Monster.DB...
loading Magic.DB...
loading MonAIs.txt...
MonAIs.txt loaded.
loading MonGen.txt...
MonGen.txt loaded.
loading MapQuest.txt...
MapQuest information loaded.
loading QuestDiary\*.txt...
QuestDiary information loaded.
Notice\LineNotice.txt loaded..
AdminList loaded..
GuildList loaded..
IDSoc Initialized..
GrobalEnvir loaded..
MakeStoneMines...
merchant loaded...
StartPoints loaded..
CastleManager initilaize..
F-Engine resumed..
SQL-Engine resumed..
18:57:20:Read Emergency Map : [0] 458,398
18:57:21:Guild list has loaded 0
U-Engine initialized..
¨X©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨¨[
©ªCrueLDragon 3G Eiserver 3.55 Build 20060329 ¡¡¡¡ ¡¡ ÔØÈë³É¹¦ ¡¡ ¡¡¡¡ ©ª
©ªÒµÎñ£Ñ£Ñ£º£´£µ£¸£³£¶£³£°£´¡¡¼¼ÊõÖ§³Ö£º£±£²£°£³£¸£³£¹£¸¡¡¡¡¡¡©ª
©ª³ÌÐòÖÆ×÷£ºÐ¡Óã¶ù¡¡¡¡¡¡CrueLDragon¡¡¡¡¡¡¶À¹ÂÇå·ç¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡   ©ª
©ª²úÆ·ÍøÕ¾£ºhttp://www.17ng.com¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡©ª
©ª»¶Ó*³£µ½Ò»ÆðÍøÓÎ×ö¿Í¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡©ª
©ªÇë²»Òª¶Ô±¾ÈíÌå½øÐнâÃÜ»òÄæÏò¹¤³Ì£¬ÓÉ´ËÔì³ÉµÄºó¹û×ÔÐге££¡¡¡©ª
©ª¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¸üÐÂÈÕÆÚ£º2006Äê03ÔÂ29ÈÕ¡¡¡¡¡¡©ª
¨^©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨©¨¨a
18:57:22:Magic gate has been generated.

PS it doesnt say gate open because i only loaded the server to copy and paste that text.

gandy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
Sorted. Dont know how or why. a SATA lead was loose and crashed my whole system. Put it all back togeather, reimaged by drive with a backup from the day before and it worked.

Upvote 0

gandy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
yes i did/do. i did have it once before this a few weeks back i just rebooted the server and net and it was fine. Sorted for now anyway

Upvote 0