Stupid Question I am sorry but I need help

Apostle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2006
Im not completely sure what server files I need, I have CruelDragon3G. When i start it though with their apps, eiserver window locks up. I dont know if it is because im Running Windows XP (32 bit) or because I am using a dual core CPU. I read the forum rules and Im sure this goes against most of them because they say to search around before posting. But right now for me the search bar isnt working.

I live in the USA, using the Mir3US download. Can anybody point me please to what would be more helpful in setting up a server? I just built a computer that I plan to use for the server out of spare parts laying around, until I get a solid stable server running then i will throw out the money to build a better one.

I am using Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Running both Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server on the computer. Now i have NOT tried to put the server files on this computer yet, and this is the first and only active forum I have found dealing with Mir3 servers, if somebody could help me I would be very grateful.

Can anybody give me any tips of how I should go about setting this up? I do know my stuff when it comes to computers and servers, so it wont be hard to get me going, Just the apps are a little confusing.

Sorry for the long post and the few rules I may have broken posting. It won't happen again, I'm just trying to get started within the next 3 days.
Also, Do I need the client installed on the server computer? I dont think it should matter but it never hurts to ask.

Thank you
-Apostle

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
crueldragon eiserver will eventually show up... if it takes like a minute or two to load that probably means setuptxt is wrong.

Upvote 0

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
try to use those files:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z92J6WXK
they r working files mostly translated, so it should be easier for u to work with them.
when ur following instructions on how to set up server, take ur time, read every instruction few times to be sure ur not making mistake and dont forget anything there.
demonic has a guide if u didnt found it yet:
http://liquidsilver.co.nr/
also, install the client on another computer and work on the client from there

Upvote 0

Apostle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2006
What is this Stuff in some of these text files?

Þ·¨µÖµ²ÄãµÄÓÕ»ó£ºÀϰ壬ÎÒ¾ÍÒªÕâÌõÓ㣡

I cant read that o_O

Upvote 0

Apostle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2006
Ah ok I see. I dont have a windows XP CD (for some reason its asking for one whenever I do his steps) But Some websites I go to ask me to install language packs, if you know any chinese websites that will try to get my PC to install the language pack...?

Upvote 0

Apostle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2006
Lol yea, Sorry at school at the moment remote desktopped into my PC for the past few hours. Does Liquid silvers Guides have how to start it up..? I can follow this all fine, except Im not sure in what order to start things, and what exactly to do.

Upvote 0

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
follow the guide by its order
when u finish it u need to run the gates like that
When running a LIVE Server, a better order is:

LOGINsrv

DBSrvr

CrueldragonMir3G

When CD is loaded up - THEN load:

Logingate

Selchargate

Rungate

Reason? Stops people trying to login while server is still trying to Boot..

Upvote 0

Apostle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2006
Ok, will get the chance to play with it This weekend. Either Tomorrow or Saturday. :) Thank you myth you have been a great help. If I have any more questions I will continue them in this thread as to not take up a bunch of space (i know how that is lol)

Upvote 0

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
if u got questions on the files that i released themself try to write them on the thread there where i published them so other ppls can read it without looking for help
ty

Upvote 0