Subwoofa / router ?

Join Discord

Me_F0h_Teh_Win

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
Hey :) is it possible to use your modem/router's power pack as a subwoofa power pack?

My friends gf told him she could'nt come on the net because of that, we have a feeling shes bull****ting, so trying to find out :D

Thanks in advance

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Guess it depends on watts and stuff dont it?

But the real answer is, just let your friend trust his girlfriend.

/Tofas

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
unless its a really **** "bass" speaker, then no. Cos an actual subwoofer will draw a ****load more power than a router will. Even then, the amp rating of a subwoofer will be higher than a router, and would preobably result in the "power pack" fuse being ****ed pretty quickly.

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
lol hows it not possible? depdant on how he/she means they could have cut the wire on thier router power lead connected it to a car amp for house useage i done this once and it worked but not a bloody router adapter lol. But you cant se a router as an amp no ~_~

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
lol hows it not possible? depdant on how he/she means they could have cut the wire on thier router power lead connected it to a car amp for house useage i done this once and it worked but not a bloody router adapter lol. But you cant se a router as an amp no ~_~

"lol hows it not possible?"

well the very first issue that arises is the fact a car amp runs on a DC (Direct Current) power supply. The power supply in the home is AC (Alternating Current) so unless the router power pack was powered by a magical plug which runs on batteries, then its instantly not possible. However, if this person has an AC->DC power converter as well, then thats the first problem solved.

The second problem arises with the cable, so unless as Zidio suggested, they have cut the cable to connect it to an amp, then it wouldnt fit, as amps use bare-wire connectors 99.9% of the time. So unless his girlfriend is going to cut/re-attach the connector at the end everytime they want to use it, it aint gonna happen.

Routers run off plugs that average up to 5amps or so, an Amplifier for a car runs off between 15-30 amps, meaning the fuse in the plug would be ****ed instantly.

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
Thats why when i dont this i used a plug which u could change the output on it worked very loud and very effectivly but lead to the amp not working lol. Never mind just purchased myself a 1800 watt pa amp along with 4 Supa Scoops. gonna b very loud.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Atom is right, to power an amp used for a car you need to correct type of power, i nthis case it runs off a car type battery.

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
Well if you hav an adapter that u can change the voltage of. You have no problem.

Me_F0h_Teh_Win

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
Story is her sister was havign a party so borrowed the Router/modem's Power pack for her Computer Amp because she lost the power pack from that :S