[Suggestion] Class table

TheMasterGee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 23, 2003
I mentioned this on another thread. Take it or leave it, but just to explain what I meant:

On creating a character currently, the server(s) recognise the value 0..X (X depending if you have 3 classes or monk or monk and archer etc) - keep this variable.

Proposal, have 0..X, and the base values for the class taken from a physical table, rather than a listing in some .ini file.

As a very simplified version of the table:

Class ValueClass NameHPMPACMACDCMC..etc..multiply factorper how many levelsyes we know what a table looks like

Populate it with the existing classes, WAR/WIZ/TAO/SIN/ARC/MON/... but now here's the beauty of it, if you want to add another class, you can just add to the table (theoretically). So you have the existing class value, 0-5 in this example, and can create another, 6, just by it's inclusion. (I understand that this also means doing a whole bunch of coding to come to terms with this, I know you can't just create a table and happy days)

Within the [..etc..], you can add the obvious existing class base attributes, including a CC column, and be able to add another class specific (like I believe some have done for monk), where you'd also add the column to the itemDB etc.

Once this is established in your source, it leaves you open to add as many classes as you like (limited by the definition of the class variable)

In another thread I mentioned being able to create something like 3 types of wizard. Each using MC as a main (or not if you chose to give them an AC or AMC emphasis), but with differing emphasis on the way they're played, defined by either the skillbooks or whatever. Summoners, Warlocks, you get the idea.

If you could figure out a way to save these to a file per character created per player, as a base (sounds like a further nightmare to me though) - you could add another ability to the game, which would be to define your own class at the creation screen. Where you can vary the base stats within parameters. Which would also allow changing of this within the game, a re-rolling of a class within the game BUT retaining your leveling work, at a price perhaps.

Just an idea.