Surprized...

Join Discord

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
... no one's made this thread yet... how did everyone do on their AS / A Levels.

Hope everyone got what they wanted.

Much love <3.

P.S. Good luck to everyone getting their GCSE results on the 23rd.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Lol i wont be posting my results, i expect no higher than a c. and theres only one of those subjects im bothered about.

<3 By the way i mean GCSE lol :P

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
should be bothered about maths and English tbh. Almost everthing nowadays wants 4 GCSE's A*-C including maths and English

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
almost everything? nah 1000's of jobs out there that do not ask for such results.

labouring, mechanics 50-50, plumbing, plastering, phone centre jobs, council jobs.

all you need these days is experience and a driving license.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Before experience comes grades if you have no experience they look at your results. Just what i have worked out from my applications i was lucky to get into a council job as soon as i left school through a training program.

Quit school a year before my GCSE's and went back todo them when they came up which was not the best move tbh. Good lukc though guys.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
At my school they offer us
Long Course RE - Full GCSE - Any grade
Short Course RE - Half GCSE - C Max

I picked short course, and im gettin A's / B's.... its just stupid lol how i can get the grades thaty people are gettin who have twice as much lessons :P. Where will RE help you? as one of my teachers said
"Only people who are jews, or want to be priests take RE"

You only really need Math. if you cant so simple math, ur screwed. Any well paid jobs do need you to do some sums :P

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
At my school they offer us
Long Course RE - Full GCSE - Any grade
Short Course RE - Half GCSE - C Max

I picked short course, and im gettin A's / B's.... its just stupid lol how i can get the grades thaty people are gettin who have twice as much lessons :P. Where will RE help you? as one of my teachers said
"Only people who are jews, or want to be priests take RE"

You only really need Math. if you cant so simple math, ur screwed. Any well paid jobs do need you to do some sums :P

i sat half course gcse's RE

during the test i opened the book read a few questions answered a couple found some ridiculously stupid questions therefor closed the booklet and has a nice sleep ready for the next test.

maths is important ill grant you that i dont udnerstand why english is so important as a grade if you can read and spell your doing fine.

IT is good to have on a CV but you can always learn to use comp's

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
My school doesn't accept anything with fewer than 5 GCSE's, which must include English and Maths. Pretty much any career path look for minimum C in both.

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
I was wondering when this thread was going to come up =p - I almost had to make it myself!

I did about as well as I could've hoped for (in my AS levels), although I was slightly surprised that I did the worst in one of my 2 favourite subjects -_-.

Politics - A
English Literature - A (and a pretty high one considering it's my least favourite subject)
Maths - A
History - B (Which is very annoying, especially since I want to do Politics and History at university. The good thing is that it was close to an A, and hence if I still want to do Politics and History at Uni I should be okay)

All in all I'm extatic about my English and Maths, happy about my politics (although I screwed up one of the papers - I got 98/100 in one, 96/100 in another and 61/100 in the other one -_-), and slightly annoyed about my History result.

I hope everyone else did well, and good luck to everyone getting their GCSE results on the 23rd.

/Miles

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
hey miles welcome back off holiday gratz on the results very good very impressive (Y) back to working on sparta now hopefully :P

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
almost everything? nah 1000's of jobs out there that do not ask for such results.

labouring, mechanics 50-50, plumbing, plastering, phone centre jobs, council jobs.

all you need these days is experience and a driving license.

I worked at a call centre for virgin mobile, they wanted Maths and English A-C. The fact is GCSE's are getting very easy nowadays, so instead of before when they used it to single out the more intelligent people for better jobs, its now used to single out the less intelligent for lower jobs.

To become a proper accredited plumber, you have to go to college, and due to the fact plumbing is currently popular because of the insane amount of cash you can make, colleges want people with good school grades.

Sure there will always be jobs for people who don't have good GCSE's or any GCSE's at all. However there will also be people who DO have GCSE's who will pass them over for the job with ease.

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
UNI RESULTS ANYONE? 2.1 FOR THE SECOND YEAR RUNNING ANYONE? You can get a job without GCSEs, but you can get riiiich with them !