svchost.exe

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
When i start up my computer i have to launch task manager instantly because otherwise i cant open any programs because of the high cpu useage but when i end the svc host i cant play any sound and it turns my windows xp visual to classic windows and makes my start bar down to the height of one bar as i have it three bars high so does anybody know what svc host is or how to sort this problem?

Thanks in advance

Damian

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
svchost.exe is a process belonging to Microsoft Service Host Process. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
When i start up my computer i have to launch task manager instantly because otherwise i cant open any programs because of the high cpu useage but when i end the svc host i cant play any sound and it turns my windows xp visual to classic windows and makes my start bar down to the height of one bar as i have it three bars high so does anybody know what svc host is or how to sort this problem?

Thanks in advance
If you have AVG, that uses high CPU if you set it to auto scan on start up.

Screenshot all processes and paste here.

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
My avg doesnt auto scan and everything else runs fine and i can see that svchost.exe is running at 90% +

MrMike

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 9, 2004
lol that SVC is a netowrk runner ... i had the same problem .... shutting that svchost.exe will cause no problem what so ever !! unless sum 1 is connected 2 ur pc thru ethernet cable all is fine !!

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
But it does cause a problem because when i shut it i cant run any sound and my computer randomly shuts it sellf down also were can i find kernell32.dll to delete it?

Last edited:

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
Ok it seems to be fine somtimes when i boot up but others it has all the problems i have mentioned

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
I didnt know what it was so i asked a mate and he said i would be stupid to do it

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Very. Now go and delete it. Solves all your problems. This one time, my computer grew an arm and started hitting me, every time I went to sit down near it to type. I deleted kernell32.dll and it fixed it.
Now I'm like a computer technician and a SUPER L^^T HACK3ER TYPE PERSON IN SECRET COS IT'S SO K00L. BUT SHHHH DON'T T3LL ANY0NE COS THE FBI WILL COME AND GET YA COS IM SUPER UBER.
(don't follow the advice above...just a warning)