Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex

Mir 1 has alot more features than what meets the eye.​

Below are some descriptions of some systems that are present in Mir 1.​

Good/Evil System

Yea that's right, you better be on your best behaviour as Mir 1 has Mir 2's Good & Evil system but with added features! More than just turning your name brown/yellow or red, In Mir 1 Good & Evil works from an independent level which determines what mind state the player is in.​

Some Items and even caves can be restricted to players that are too Evil but perhaps even Good players may find themselves restricted from using Evil Items or entering Evil Dungeons.​

Castle System

Mir 1 has many Castles spread around its world.​

Look out for the big Castles as once the player reaches a certain Level, they may pick a castle of their choosing to protect and to team up with fellow Castle Members.​

Guild Wars? Yea, but Castle Wars. Yea that should be chaos.​

A little tip. Don't get caught in a Castle that you are not a member in. Legends have it you may get stuck in their Prison.​

Fast Travel System

The Mir 1 World is huge, it would be a shame if you needed to walk from one side to the other. Well there's a better way. Find Fast Travel Platforms dotted around many castles and areas to instantly move to new locations fast.​

More info: Fast Travel

Class Variant System

Each of the three classes within Mir have a variant which allows the player to better fit their play style.​

Fire Wizard (Attack-focused Attack Sorcerer): Mainly uses the power of fire.​

Celestial Wizard (Defence-focused Attack man): Mainly uses the power of electricity.​

Instructor Taoist (Attack-centred recovery wizard): Mainly uses the power of the earth.​

Monk Taoist (Defence-centred Recovery Master): Mainly uses the power of water.​

Negative Warrior (Attack-focused Attack Warrior): Emphasizes offense over defence.​

Yang Warrior (Defence-focused Offensive Warrior): Emphasizes defence over attack.​

What class will you pick?​

More info can be found on the Carbon Wiki

More systems to announce, Not all systems are currently in-game.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe mir2 server owners can develop these features into their servers.

I would choose Negative Warrior

Reactions: Jev

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Maybe mir2 server owners can develop these features into their servers.

I would choose Negative Warrior
Had a disscusion with @tommo as he likes the systems in Mir 1 and would like to bring them to a Mir 2 server.

Castle system would be cool with Monghcon // Bichon // Castle Gi as an example of Main Castles.

Good/Evil systems in place for items and caves.

Reactions: mir2pion

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Had a disscusion with @tommo as he likes the systems in Mir 1 and would like to bring them to a Mir 2 server.

Castle system would be cool with Monghcon // Bichon // Castle Gi as an example of Main Castles.

Good/Evil systems in place for items and caves.
Castle system sounds good to be fair.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
How hard is it to bring over monsters from mir 2/3 into carbon, is it possible ? Very excited to try it out

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
How hard is it to bring over monsters from mir 2/3 into carbon, is it possible ? Very excited to try it out
It shouldn't be too difficult with Carbon source being made directly from Crystal's source.

You would need to do the usual of bringing the libs over to your client.
Post automatically merged:

Any teaser pics, the systems sound good
Below are some screenshots taken in the last few months.

Attachments

• Image 44.png
    Image 44.png
    355.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Image 64.png
    Image 64.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Image 89.png
    Image 89.png
    256.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Image 90.png
    Image 90.png
    245.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Image 91.png
    Image 91.png
    385.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Image 92.png
    Image 92.png
    193.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Image 93.png
    Image 93.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Pusha and ventus

Flashy

LOMCN Member
Nov 4, 2022
One killer question, is there blood drops or splats when attacking mobs/players?

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea

Good/Evil System

Yea that's right, you better be on your best behaviour as Mir 1 has Mir 2's Good & Evil system but with added features! More than just turning your name brown/yellow or red, In Mir 1 Good & Evil works from an independent level which determines what mind state the player is in.​

Some Items and even caves can be restricted to players that are too Evil but perhaps even Good players may find themselves restricted from using Evil Items or entering Evil Dungeons.​

Remind me of the Moral system in Soma, and the one guy that used to troll noobs and make them hit the guards to turn evil as a human, good times.

Reactions: Flashy and Jev

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Are we getting a bonus this year? No, but there is pizza in the staff room :D
Accurate, enjoy the pizza 😂
Post automatically merged:

Remind me of the Moral system in Soma, and the one guy that used to troll noobs and make them hit the guards to turn evil as a human, good times.
A lot of potential with the good/evil system tbf. Could have some quests that give you good exp as a reward for helping and maybe remove good exp for quests that are dark?

Flashy

LOMCN Member
Nov 4, 2022

It’s like this was the prototype for both Mir2 and Soma I’m thinking 🤔 you can see the Mir2 bits in it and also Soma bits in it. If I can remember wasn’t Soma the sister to Mir (made by wemade) or was it just something DigitalBros invested in?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
It’s like this was the prototype for both Mir2 and Soma I’m thinking 🤔 you can see the Mir2 bits in it and also Soma bits in it. If I can remember wasn’t Soma the sister to Mir (made by wemade) or was it just something DigitalBros invested in?

I don't believe Soma was Wemade it was a Game Network / Digi Bros thing

Reactions: Flashy

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
I remember it being made by an italian company in europe, this made me lol, what it was replaced by, but yes Game Network, but the TV Channel Game Network used to show gameplay of both. oh seems like this was just the channel, still funny.

1702350343967.png

Reactions: Tai

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I recall GN was tempting us mir2 players to go to Soma which they started to host alongside mir2 at some point, at least the 'advertising' pitch towards us gave that impression, I think there was some discount offer to make us join Soma but probably few mir2 pple did.

Maybe the idea was we would subscribe and play both games. Probably Soma never got enough pple on it to pull its own weight financially.