Talk about files.

smoochy boys on tour

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
I do think LCD is being a bit childish saying he'd rather delete the files than release them, just seems like he's in a bit of a huff about elysian files being handed out to 50 people and then getting released early. If they're not hosting a server why not just release them? No real need to provide any help I'm sure someone can sort out a guide to setting them up etc.

/Nymph

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Its the same principle as Ben etc, people didnt respect the fact we didnt want them out yet but did so anyway, twats like lifco (who has now retired from lomcn for the 10000th time). Why should we release when people are dont appreciate it?

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Its the same principle as Ben etc, people didnt respect the fact we didnt want them out yet but did so anyway, twats like lifco (who has now retired from lomcn for the 10000th time). Why should we release when people are dont appreciate it?

clearly they would be appreciated, its like anything that's leaked on the internet people are going to download it, try it, moan and praise.
The only difference is the company's don't huff and puff about it and decide not to release the full product.

at lil :
If your not going release then fair enough, but there is no need for silly comments saying you will complete it and delete it, that's obviously going to get people on here riled up, you are teasing them for no reason other than for your own mistakes.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
In my opinion theres 3 groups of people on lomcn:

Developers, they are the only ones truely keeping mir going, whether its closed source, private files or whatever, they are still providing servers for people to play.
Moaner, people who don't really do much, tell the developers they don't contribute anything while doing nothing themselves.
Players, the people playing the servers and couldn't care less who owns what files and what will get released.

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
Hope you found an answer in the 3 pages previous, i doubt it, there have been no real stable files released, best you can do is run and dont look back.

hope you are well, will catch up some time :)

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
all i can say is if someone can point me in the direction of 1 or a few threads that can help me learn to code i would be greatfull as i need something to do in my spare time and at the moment i have alot of it... yes people may start moaning that im a noob who dont know anything but **** them as im willing to try anyways... and anuva thing if anyone decideds to help me learn/ make sum n1 files im not one of these twats to stab you in the backa and release on a whim that they may be ready anyways ty <3 x

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
You missed one: The people who are bored of the same old bull**** over and over again.

then you should leave this forum and mir behind and stop moanin?

end of day, you can all say ud release and do this and that, but until ur in the same position you cant comment

its like anonlol banged on about donations on 4heros 24/7 on any thread/post i made.......... but soon as he made his own server with donations he went from anti-donations to pro-donations

and 99% of ppl would be exactly the same.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Yeah maybe people do the smart thing of: can't beat them, join them. Who'd turn down free income like that? (you sure as hell wouldn't in fact you jumped at the chance) Personally the first server's that introduced donation's spoilt the fun of mir and even the chat of these forums, but ofc you can't turn back time so give up.

If you haven't noticed I pointed a few suggestions to help improve these forums (nothing to do with mir) I just pointed out there are other people (that means not just me understand?) like me who are sick of the same crap over and over.

Also who are you to try tell me what I should and shouldn't do.

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
soory to post it on this thread but can a mod please pm me as i cant pm people or start new threads cheers :)

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Yeah maybe people do the smart thing of: can't beat them, join them. Who'd turn down free income like that? (you sure as hell wouldn't in fact you jumped at the chance)

Not exactly free income, a lot of effort goes into running a successful server.

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
peteisagaynoob whatever your name is, every time you post its about donations, just **** off.

:)

/Nymph

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
tbh why can't people just release the files they have.. i am not talking about ruby / 4heroes which have a lot of work done on them and years of coding..i am talking about the aks sources and other ones.. they seem to leak only through msn within a certain number of trusted people and seem to never reach us..

i don't know how much is true but lifco has been talking about 2 different sources which are available but they aren't here on the forum in the release section.. why? i bet all the devs here have them on thier computers.. just build them and make a release of the binaries.. please

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
peteisagaynoob whatever your name is, every time you post its about donations, just **** off.

:)

/Nymph

You should look at my recent posts I think you'll find I try and avoid the Mir sections purely for the fact 99% of the servers are donation and again I gave up with that argument which I pointed out on page 3.
I was putting my point across about why 4h won't be released to the public (which so happens to be because of donations, take a look on page 3[again] it clearly shows my views on the matter)

Don't start an argument that wasn't there in the first place.

P.S
Is it that hard to read a name or are you slightly blind, grow up child.

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Nah, you're just a donation cry child, get over it, if there was no donations there'd be no mir servers.

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
On the topic of donations, personally I think donations should be exactly what they are supposed to be a good will gesture with the expectation of nothing in return and only to the limit of the servers monthly cost.

If you donate maybe you get some recognition but not in the form of items that gives you an advantage over others.

Last edited:

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
You can try argue that all you like kash but the fact is that the only reason the word donation was mentioned was because the topic is about files, I said 4h files would never be released to the public so try and stay on topic.
The problem with that kyn is whos going to be an upstanding citizen and do that? The times of good gestures are gone for these forums too much greed.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
On the topic of donations, personally I think donations should be exactly what they are supposed to be a good will gesture with the expectation of nothing in return and only to the limit of the servers monthly cost.

If you donate maybe you get some recognition but not in the form of items that gives you an advantage over others.

kinda pointless saying that tho, when your coding for a server thats built around donations.
If you are such a big part of the team you shoulda had ur say in the matter.

@pete, even if fourheroes made no money and had no donations, i still wouldnt release the files, cause its the same answer... why would i give away my hard work to my rivals.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
we need updates, most people have them on thier pc's.. files which aren't work of thier hands and we are still talking about donations? what ever.. have fun with this long stuck time lomcn..

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
How is it pointless saying that Ben, I dont disagree with donations but I there is certain limits, what people want to do with our files or any others is up to them, I make no profit from any work ive done.