talktalk

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
has any 1 had any recent problems with these??

i currently cnt connect to the internet from talk talk and has been this way for a number of days, we have called up and apparently its "our" fault, everythin on the router we have is set up fine and hasnt been changed since its been working.

i know talktalk arnt a very good comapny to be with, but i dnt have a choice as its not me / my family on talktalk, so dont say about that (in a nice way)

and b4 u ask, im using my phone to post this thread (got me phone connected to me laptop to talk for now but it costs like 15p a min lol)

mapadale

has any 1 had any recent problems with these??

i currently cnt connect to the internet from talk talk and has been this way for a number of days, we have called up and apparently its "our" fault, everythin on the router we have is set up fine and hasnt been changed since its been working.

i know talktalk arnt a very good comapny to be with, but i dnt have a choice as its not me / my family on talktalk, so dont say about that (in a nice way)

and b4 u ask, im using my phone to post this thread (got me phone connected to me laptop to talk for now but it costs like 15p a min lol)
Is your router DSL light flashing to indicate that its connected to the net, if its flashing then its connected and it is your fault. If its not then TT need to speak to BT and get the line tested for you.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
the router is set up fine, the internet icon is flashing orange, BT / TalkTalk wont test the line / change it unless we pay £500 i think it was (but like i say its not my family so i dnt get every detail).

the line does connect every now and agen but will cut off but routers settings is still the same no problems.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Find the routers Reset button and reset it to the default settings.

/Zen2

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Find the routers Reset button and reset it to the default settings.

/Zen2

we do that each time it goes down, then set everythin up from scratch again but still nothin, its just come bk on now (again) and will probs go off by 12ish but i will post using my phone

mapadale

the router is set up fine, the internet icon is flashing orange, BT / TalkTalk wont test the line / change it unless we pay £500 i think it was (but like i say its not my family so i dnt get every detail).

the line does connect every now and agen but will cut off but routers settings is still the same no problems.
If the light is flashing orange, then usually on most routers that means the DSL connection is down.

When it flashs, is it continusly or is it sort of flash break for a second or two and flash again and repeats like this.

If there is a fault with the line, then it is down to talk talk to contact BT to test the line. After all this is why you have a service agreement and remind them that under the service agreement, if the service is down for more than 1% at anytime then they are on breach of contract.

I know this cause I currently work for BT and not many people understand the terms of the service agreement, even most of the staff for BT don't understand it. This is why they try to argue the toss with you over the phone, god I hate BT call centers.

But as for costing £500. this is a made up figure. Normally for a tele tech to go out to the exchange, this is after the standard line tests are done. It would normally cost around £72 for them to go, but charged to you at £124.95.

For a new line to be fitted this would also cost £124.95, there is no higher price for this to be done.

But your best option is to use the service agreement against them and use breach of contract for service down for more than 1% of the time.

But if your service is down and its due to the line, then it costs you nothing at all.

Also wanted to ask, how many phone ports are there in the house. Or phone extensions and does every single one of them have a filter connected, cause if not this can also cause net outage and another point as well. What about features like call waiting or the answer phone service 1571, as these are also problems with BT ADSL lines.

Last edited:

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
i will let her mum know about what you have stated, and will see what they say from there on, the line is again down and has been down for over 4 hours, the light flashes 3 times orange then goes off for 5 seconds then flashes orange again then repeats, it will come bk on normally for 30-40 mins then go down again.

we have 1 phone port and 1571 is currently disabled, we have unplugged the phone so just router pluggedi n still the same, also the phone line since changing to talktalk has become very crackerly doingphone calls, we used to have BT going thru the phone line and was fine with them, but now on talktalk we cnt make a call from the house because of the line we have got coming to us.

im using my phone yet again, so i will be sending the bill to TalkTalk as this is costing me like a £1 a min, and they said to resovle the issue quicker / better go to there website, which is funny because we currently cnt get the internet.

also when we use the modem that was sent out to us, its exacly the same.

Last edited:

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
accoring to talktalks policy they wont check the line unless the line has been down for 24 hours, so far its been off since 8:22 this morning, so gotta w8 and see if itll come bk on b4 then, if it does then they wont refund us / do anythin (according to there policy), we nt go to bt because apparently now u need a code to swop ISP's and the contract not up for 5 months.

tbh dont bother using talktalk in any area the service is crap, and u get spoken to like a 3 year old kid, and when u ask them a question they put u on hold and u get some 1 else who knows bugger all about the question or isnt written in there little book in front of them.

mapadale

accoring to talktalks policy they wont check the line unless the line has been down for 24 hours, so far its been off since 8:22 this morning, so gotta w8 and see if itll come bk on b4 then, if it does then they wont refund us / do anythin (according to there policy), we nt go to bt because apparently now u need a code to swop ISP's and the contract not up for 5 months.

tbh dont bother using talktalk in any area the service is crap, and u get spoken to like a 3 year old kid, and when u ask them a question they put u on hold and u get some 1 else who knows bugger all about the question or isnt written in there little book in front of them.
Idiots lol.

They really need seeing to, if a line is down for more than 1 hr. Then they have to test the line, but cause they are not doind this. I would sugest emailing the ITC, as they are now in charge of ISP's monitoring.

Just explain the crap you've been going through with TalkTalk and they should then look into this for you. Also email watch dog about, would be great to see TalkTalk on there agin lol.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Idiots lol.

They really need seeing to, if a line is down for more than 1 hr. Then they have to test the line, but cause they are not doind this. I would sugest emailing the ITC, as they are now in charge of ISP's monitoring.

Just explain the crap you've been going through with TalkTalk and they should then look into this for you. Also email watch dog about, would be great to see TalkTalk on there agin lol.

could u direct me at all to ITC please m8. i wud never of done it but since uv said about it im strongly considering about it lol.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I had same problem with Sky going orange then going blank but now it seems fine, I did ring sky up they tried to say I had a virus on my PC but I scaned with several virus scanners and checked for spy ware nothing on my PC within 6 hours it came back and stayed green. They also said to change the micro filter which I never did.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003

thnx alot m8, if this doesnt solve the issue, could u suggest anythin else that might help??

the net has been down since 6am (which it poped on for 20 mins) and then i went out and come bk about 4 and it came bk on for 30 mins, but my DL speed was 3.4kb/s (so basicly 56k) and went back off again, now according to them (still) this is still our problem, as its letting the signal thru now and again, i told them about a signal and apparently they "sent one through" but obviously there isnt anythin i can do because i wouldnt know.

thing is this is getting stupid, as they keep saying to resolve the issue quicker connect to the internet and download this program -_- even after telling them we cant get on to the net they said, "well wait for it to come back on and when it does use that little bit of time you have got"

mapadale

thnx alot m8, if this doesnt solve the issue, could u suggest anythin else that might help??

the net has been down since 6am (which it poped on for 20 mins) and then i went out and come bk about 4 and it came bk on for 30 mins, but my DL speed was 3.4kb/s (so basicly 56k) and went back off again, now according to them (still) this is still our problem, as its letting the signal thru now and again, i told them about a signal and apparently they "sent one through" but obviously there isnt anythin i can do because i wouldnt know.

thing is this is getting stupid, as they keep saying to resolve the issue quicker connect to the internet and download this program -_- even after telling them we cant get on to the net they said, "well wait for it to come back on and when it does use that little bit of time you have got"
They are ful sht, I hate these 2 bit companys like talktalk.

If it doesn't sort it, then inform them that you are now going to be takiing legal steps with regards to "Breach of service contract". Tell them that the service they provide should be that off 99% up over 28days and that it has only been up at about 43% of the time in last 28days and that this now warrants legal action to be taken.

Remind them, that they are still regulated by Ofcom and that under Ofcom regulations as well the net connection should be up 99% of the time. Unless due to major fault and that cause they lease the line from BT, then it is there responsabilty to have line checks run on the line.

Or lodge a complaint with BT, as the line is still the property of BT and that its currently being used to obtain money by deception. Explain to them what has been going off and that TalkTalk are refusing to give BT a call to test the line.

If all else fails, then see a solicitor and have them up on Breach of service contract.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
ok yet again called them up and threatend them with what u said, they still say its not there fault is all us and we had to buy a new filter, got the filter and its made it worse o.O, now talktalk have told us to call bt and get our line seen to before they will carry on, so now were beeing passed round from pillar to post tbh and its pissing my gfs mum off as she cnt work from home which mean up at 4am to go to work for 5 to do what her work wanted her to do.