The days of Bebo, who remembers?

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
This is back in 2000s when there was MSN Messenger and Bebo. I'm strongly remembering the social media site Bebo.

Also there was Myspace. Now all are obsolete.

How fun was Bebo? I found it a lot of fun while all other social media sites nowadays are terrible since their CEO's are all about their money.

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
This is back in 2000s when there was MSN Messenger and Bebo. I'm strongly remembering the social media site Bebo.

Also there was Myspace. Now all are obsolete.

How fun was Bebo? I found it a lot of fun while all other social media sites nowadays are terrible since their CEO's are all about their money.

How did I know this was your post before even clicking it haha!

MSN messenger was always the one, tbh I wish it would come back.

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
How did I know this was your post before even clicking it haha!

MSN messenger was always the one, tbh I wish it would come back.
MSN Messenger was a lot of banter.

Hacking accounts was big then due to security being poor. I was hacked once by someone wanting revenge on me lol

Bots were common with spam too. I recall Destructive Child and there were humans impersonating bots with copying and pasting just to annoy everyone lol.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Bebo had some good customization. I had a modified client for msn so I could spam nudges lol.

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Icq and aim ftw.
lol just reminded me of the days of AOL chat rooms with all multi colour fonts and mad ASCII art back in the days of dialup X_X

Remeber my friend showing me how to use icq to send Sub7 virus's to people, then take over their PC and open their CD tray and ask them to insert money throguh a popup. :ROFLMAO:

What ever happened to Bebo anyway? did they shut dowe or get bought out or somthing?

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
lol just reminded me of the days of AOL chat rooms with all multi colour fonts and mad ASCII art back in the days of dialup X_X

Remeber my friend showing me how to use icq to send Sub7 virus's to people, then take over their PC and open their CD tray and ask them to insert money throguh a popup. :ROFLMAO:

What ever happened to Bebo anyway? did they shut dowe or get bought out or somthing?
Didn't know AOL much. You can still make e-mail addresses with them.

Try Google.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury

Haha that's mad, i completely forgot about them. I remember joining them on dial up and doing quizzes lol.

I do love your style man.

Did you do like coding or use some sort of exe for that?
Haha na it was just a downloadable modded exe or something

• Haha
Reactions: Omnibus