smoochy boys on tour

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
Hello,

As you all know there is a good set of files being developed the C# files. It features five classes warrior, wizard, taoist, assassin and archer.

I know most of you like the old school mir feel with the original three classes. But I wanted to see people's views on the two new classes whether they are good in comparison to the other classes or does it unbalance things? What are your thoughts, would you prefer to see only the three classes on a server or have a variety of choice?

Let me know, thanks.

Edit: Was going to add a poll but can't now, shame. Hope you all take a minute to reply.

Haytham

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2014
Warrior - tank with the best continuous damage V 1 target with the highest hp
Wizzard - ranged DPS/AOE fastest trash clear but lowest hp
Tao - Support, best 1on1 pvp, best solo low level boss killer, mid hp
Assassin - very high burst damage/high cooldowns, more damage if hits target from behind or 1st hit while hidden hp around that of a tao
Archer - high burst damage should have the more mobility and CC skills

thats my view on how the classes should be.

Assassins were a nice change of pace but there not really assassins are they so many cool skills could have been made... archers just seem like a rush job gone wrong. but the main issue i see is the stats, both archer and sins should have had there own stat. now u have servers that are all class kits which with mirs drop files normaly ends up half assed by most servers or servers were once class is way to OP like due to a sin having the same dc to a warrior. AC/AMC also need looking in to and made to scale or just work better right now there worthless stats

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Honestly, I like sins, I personally think theyre a nice addition. Archers however im still not fully convinced theyre even worthy of being in game!

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Imo there is no room for 5 classes. The 3 classes were barely ever balanced let alone 5 of em.

Ppl could be a little more innovative and mix the mechanics of sin/archer to the existing classes.

Examples:
-Wiz could benefit from some of the single dmg mechanics archer has.
-War could use certain spells from sin class like swiftfeet or SS
-Tao could benefit from both archer single dmg spells and sin haste/DS so he can melee as well (they have DC for a reason right?). Obviously for this to happen it would be more like sin turning into tao than the other way arround (due to animations)

Or even have subclasses/paths for 3 main classes to take.

Of course this would mostly work in high rates i guess since stubborn low rate euro-clone lovers wouldnt accept these changes easy.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Personally i think with the current game mechanics its difficult to find these classes a niche without stepping on the toes of the existing three classes.

This is caused by mir's very limited set of game mechanics.

btw its six classes now ;)

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
Personally i think with the current game mechanics its difficult to find these classes a niche without stepping on the toes of the existing three classes.

This is caused by mir's very limited set of game mechanics.

btw its six classes now ;)

Sins and archers got introduced into already established servers, there method of "balancing" was for these classes to catch up with the current player base.

6 classes in shanda's eyes, not official koreans atm

Dk

Last edited:

DominantGene

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 14, 2013
Sins are the best at the beginning of the server. wars are way better at the end but suck for a while. Speed 8 war with same dc as a sin will have way more DPS. Only reason i play wars. Plus wars get high ac, hp and a dc buff. If there is a very high speed limit on the server then sins probably will be better but cause of speed limits making wars better.