Chester :P
here is my attemp at a song reunion piece. leme kno wot ya think pls

Sonic.jpg

Flame

Terminus
Veteran
Loyal Member
Oct 17, 2003
Very nice i like the background alot.. Text goes fine if u ask me however the pics don't look blended :|.

Eskimo

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 7, 2003
Neath, South Wales.
The background sucks.
The text doesn't suit the piece.
The renders stand out too much.
Crappy 1px black border that doesn't suit the theme.

Very very poor if you ask me.

This is not a flame..
So don't flame me. You'll lose.
If you cannot handle what I say as critisism, then you can go from LOMCN graphics.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
The background sucks.
The text doesn't suit the piece.
The renders stand out too much.
Crappy 1px black border that doesn't suit the theme.

Very very poor if you ask me.

This is not a flame..
So don't flame me. You'll lose.
If you cannot handle what I say as critisism, then you can go from LOMCN graphics.

who sed i cudn handle it. i was exspecting somethin like that im glad u did bud. ill see wot else i can do to it to see if u like it more soon

*edit What sort of border would u suggest. ill see wot i think fits with it

Eskimo

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 7, 2003
Neath, South Wales.
Your edit says exactly what I would of said mate.
Trial and error.
The border you currently have doesn't work because it's a dark colour, on a very light themed signature.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
I dont like the colours much =/, also the thread title is ghey. The only hedgehog there is Sonic.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
there all hedgehogs apart from tails/miles. i was trying to think of somethin but thats the best i cud come up with lol

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
tbh,

background is poor
text works fine
renders work fine, they are the main part of the piece, and stand out. which is exactly what you want.
the 1px border is fine.

overall, i'd give it a 6/10

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
tbh,

background is poor
text works fine
renders work fine, they are the main part of the piece, and stand out. which is exactly what you want.
the 1px border is fine.

overall, i'd give it a 6/10

if its just background thats poor ill giv it a second go at. after i finish this wall paper for me aunty.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
finishing peace

20 cahrs

Don't like it one bit, your just making a gloopy background (like paint mixed with colours) and just sticking pictures and text on, you havn't really put much into it, if you look at other peoples work you'll see a great difference.

How long did this piece take you?

I know saying to spend alot of time into a work might seem boring to you, but its sometimes the only way you'll get a good finish.

Seriously, i don't like it at all, change background, blend the pictures and dont just put a glow around them.
The text sucks.

You'll find it easier concentrating on one characer at a time, then you won't have trouble getting colours to go with them all, if you had sonic you could get away with just using blue, but it'd have to be different shades of blue.

At the moment you have blue red, orange pink to work with, pretty hard but can be acomplished.

Try one character at a time, after your first one work on a same type of theme and do the others singularly with different colours and backgrounds obviously.

/Tofas

-Sorry about grammar and general typing skills, recently i havn't been making much sence while typing for one reason or another.

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
there all hedgehogs apart from tails/miles. i was trying to think of somethin but thats the best i cud come up with lol
Actually, only Sonic and Amy are hedgehogs. Miles "Tails" Prower is a fox and Knuckles is an echidna.

Not liking the bevel you applied to everything. Bevels suck.

EDIT: It'd probably help if you used images of the characters from the same era. Currently you're using Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast, 1998) pictures of Tails, Knuckles and Amy and an old-skool, Sonic The Hedgehog 1 (Mega Drive, 1991), picture of Sonic. Mmm... consistency.

Last edited: