smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
If its added to chronicles will there be people who can not use it?
ye everyone that doesnt play chronicles cause its crap :P or everyone that doesnt want to spend half their level just trying to get to level 10 to see a new spell!

like your releases? :P
Not sure what thats supposed to mean? I dont code c# so how can i release anything?
I've done plenty of releases in the past

gotta lol @ the fact that 5 ppl liked your post.. 1 being the guy who was meant to release the chronicles files for everyone to use :lol:

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
You both have points, Bens team have coded other files really well but never release anything. But Chronicles will also never release something if they can make money from it.

The only people I currently have a huge amount of respect for on this forum are Jamie/Hello for starting the C# project, Far as he has released everything he has done within the C# files and anyone else releasing things to do with the C# files.

But maybe Ben can prove me wrong and his team might release some stuff towards the C# files eventually, but keep extra cool things within his own server :P

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
ye everyone that doesnt play chronicles cause its crap :P or everyone that doesnt want to spend half their level just trying to get to level 10 to see a new spell!

Not sure what thats supposed to mean? I dont code c# so how can i release anything?
I've done plenty of releases in the past

gotta lol @ the fact that 5 ppl liked your post.. 1 being the guy who was meant to release the chronicles files for everyone to use :lol:

Lol, What a great attitude you have, such a professional you are. Some people might prefer actually having to work to get their levels and not just slipping you some paypal cash.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
You both have points, Bens team have coded other files really well but never release anything. But Chronicles will also never release something if they can make money from it.

The only people I currently have a huge amount of respect for on this forum are Jamie/Hello for starting the C# project, Far as he has released everything he has done within the C# files and anyone else releasing things to do with the C# files.

But maybe Ben can prove me wrong and his team might release some stuff towards the C# files eventually, but keep extra cool things within his own server :P
problem is your never going to release your work if your running a server... ive got nothing against chronicles for that. The problem is everyone on this forum was promised acem2 released files.. they was basically conned into testing the files for them under the impression it was just a test server to improve the files.. then to no1s surprise they never got released

difference is ive never promised to release.. ive always said as long as i run a server ill never release my work. When i quit a year or 2 ago i would have released our files if someone didnt continue to work on 3heros.

Again with the c# stuff we were originally going to release certain bits like spells, but seeing as we dont always code towards the euro standard that Far wants it wouldnt get commited half the time.

Lol, What a great attitude you have, such a professional you are. Some people might prefer actually having to work to get their levels and not just slipping you some paypal cash.
Professional? what the hell you smoking?
Im allowed an opinion you know... I logged onto chronicles and played for 3 hours, i found it extremely boring and a huge waste of my time. I've at least gone to the effort to test the server.
Im all for working for levels and items.. however when it takes you about 100 secs to kill a hen because you only hit 1/5 of ur shots... thats EXTREMELY BORING. id rather have to kill x10 more hens and hit 9/10 of my attacks.

In regards to the paypal statement, dont chronicles take donations? moron.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Again with the c# stuff we were originally going to release certain bits like spells, but seeing as we dont always code towards the euro standard that Far wants it wouldnt get commited half the time.

Please don't let this stop you from releasing things. I keep to a euro standard for the SVN so the base code doesn't get clogged up with inefficient / messy code - once the base SVN gets unusable there wouldn't be any way for others to pick up a clean source and start a working server. But if Celsius thinks his code is up to scratch, then i'm sure LCD wouldn't mind giving him access to the SVN to contribute directly.

I'd much prefer it if people released snippets (like many do) that way any code released isn't forced on people, and they can add it to their own sources.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
problem is your never going to release your work if your running a server... ive got nothing against chronicles for that. The problem is everyone on this forum was promised acem2 released files.. they was basically conned into testing the files for them under the impression it was just a test server to improve the files.. then to no1s surprise they never got released

difference is ive never promised to release.. ive always said as long as i run a server ill never release my work. When i quit a year or 2 ago i would have released our files if someone didnt continue to work on 3heros.

Difference is we didn't steal an existing source that members of this community had pulled together to produce and take it closed source for our own benefit...

Just saying :).

Sam

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Difference is we didn't steal an existing source that members of this community had pulled together to produce and take it closed source for our own benefit...

Sam
lol steal? Haven't stolen any thing, the source was released by Jamie for everyone to use and do wotever they want with it. For the record we're not the only ones workin on the source privately.. I guess DK and his team have also stolen the source right?

For a successful set of files to work they cannot be open source... at some point Far will have to take it closed source and release exe's jsut like TD did.

So i guess you also "stole" the applem2 files that were released to the members of this community, promised everyone you would release exe's for people to use... then turned around and say haha im making too much money go **** yourselves everyone? am i right? ;)

I guess your just getting a little worried and upset though Sam to be coming out with this much bullcrap.

Jacko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2011
the netherlands

Sam

Although you didn't steal the files you did own them up to yourself because you put so much work into them. And I can understand your point especially on the chronicles files but keeping the acem2 files and source for yourself was really self centered of you. Just my 2 cents.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
lol steal? Haven't stolen any thing, the source was released by Jamie for everyone to use and do wotever they want with it. For the record we're not the only ones workin on the source privately.. I guess DK and his team have also stolen the source right?

Jamie released the source in hope the community would pull together to finish them off as he lacked the time, but sure, once they are open source everyone can use and do wotever they want with them, regardless of ethical morals.

For a successful set of files to work they cannot be open source... at some point Far will have to take it closed source and release exe's jsut like TD did.

I would like Far to prove you wrong, however, I somewhat I agree I found it difficult working on Mir with a team of advanced programmers.

So i guess you also "stole" the applem2 files that were released to the members of this community, promised everyone you would release exe's for people to use... then turned around and say haha im making too much money go **** yourselves everyone? am i right? ;)

We released the appleM2 files did we not? (I could be wrong), we certainly released the Heroes files which were far more advance than appleM2 ever was and even is today.

I guess your just getting a little worried and upset though Sam to be coming out with this much bullcrap.

Worried, upset? About what good sir? If anyone appears to be slightly irritated or off key it is you?

I guess your ego is hurt as you consider your self the best Mir player/developer/owner that has ever logged into this community... reality check bro, no one gives a toss :).

I have re-framed from commenting on any and all of your servers posts, as, I am not competitive like you are, and I would like to see it do well... However, whilst we on the topic... Hows that June beta release coming along bro?

Comments in red :).

Sam

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003

Jamie released the source in hope the community would pull together to finish them off as he lacked the time, but sure, once they are open source everyone can use and do wotever they want with them, regardless of ethical morals.

I would like Far to prove you wrong, however, I somewhat I agree I found it difficult working on Mir with a team of advanced programmers.

Just to chime in and clear up these points.

I think it's pretty obvious by now that the majority of the people following the c# development do not want to contribute towards the completion of the project, but rather wait for others to complete it for them. (I say majority as there are a number of users who consistently do contribute without want of reward towards the project, and for those people I am very greatful for keeping the section going)

However the logical next step in the development of c# is running servers, and to do this those servers cannot stay open source. (Just like you banned the release of Chronicles leaked source from LOMCN, because having multiple servers all with the same features would do damage). Obviously I would have wanted more features to get completed before this step happened, but with lack of people wanting / able to contribute, theres not much else that could be done.

Personally I will never take this project closed source, any features I add that are suitable to go in the SVN will be released as normal, I see no need to only release the binarys.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Comments in red :).

I have re-framed from commenting on any and all of your servers posts, as, I am not competitive like you are, and I would like to see it do well... However, whilst we on the topic... Hows that June beta release coming along bro?

Sam

Wow kettle pot black?

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
Them ego fights are pretty pointless imo, Everyone entitled to their opinion at the end of the day.

Our 'June Beta' was quite an early guess, The amount of work that was needed was quite alot, We're working and we're moving forward with the source everyday :cool:

Regarding us 'stealing' the source, I'm not gonna comment on that, however I have a plan releasing some of our work, Whenever i get time, I have about 1hour a day, I'd rather spend them coding than making a forum post, I'm sorry but its the truth, I'm serving my army duty (4 monthes left ) so my time is pretty limited, however Next (Army) Vacation, i'll be releasing stuff with instructions on how to add.

With that being said, I'd like to add Chronicles is not our enemy that we must destroy lol.

It's merely a competition that will bring more servers to the community which is a win?

Them fights are pretty childish and gotta stop.

We wish you the best really chronicles team, no hard feelings and ****.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Mind if I poke my words in here.

I originally started the C# server with one aim, to create a stable set of files which could be classed as "go to" set of files to be used.

When I released them it was because I ran out of time to commit to the project, sad I know. I have NO complaints on what people do with the source, if they want to continue creating a community and develop it in an Open source or if people want to go off and keep it closed source.

There is only ONE thing that I would like to ask (I can't enforce nor will I), Everyone who had worked on the files before they they were taken to closed source are given credit (Even as little as a Name mentioned in a List).

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
wow i was just having a little bit of fun poke at Bon for asking to release something for c# when i know hes been working with a coder for his closed source. i didnt actually mean any real harm by it..

it just amazes me that something so good as the files that Jamies released started getting some good attention, started being worked on, then once it got close to a set of files that could be used to make a sevrer, the open releases stop and it all goes closed source. personally i think its hoirrible :/

because of this, people like me who really like the files cant carry on with them making a little server for fun and maybe for some others to play about on because they were never completed. but a hand full of people have still continued to work and release and its been VERY welcome.

what is a little insulting, if i may be so bold as to say, is for someone to release something, then have someone say, yeah this is good ill use this on my server, but actualy contribute NOTHING back into the project.

you say youve finished the tao spells. would be very nice to see those released for others to use... but it just doesnt happen because there is the chance that anything you release means you may lose out on some playerbase which then = £££

its a shame no one makes a server for the love of the game.... unless your me :P i couldnt give a rats arse if a server makes money, for me its always only ever been about the game.

on a side note, the stuff youve done with the archer is very good and i would expect that to remain closed source because that would be very iconicle to your server, but you could release a few fixes youve done or something, just to give back into what youve taken... im just saying :/

Status
Not open for further replies.