The new server patch X.1

smoochy boys on tour

MrSam

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 31, 2005
Hello.

Dunno if you guys remember, but I posted a vision of a server etc, and the response of help offers was astounding.

Well - I think it'd be best to release this server as a series of patches, rather than trying to create a brand new server from scratch. So the features we'd like to see are gradually brung in.

Here is my list of ideas for patch X.1 for this server, and if anyone likes the idea - it would be cool to see this built.

Patch Intro

This patch introduces a major content revamp to the Serpent Valley Mines. This is aimed at lower level players, 12-15, with the harder areas for players up to 18.

The other major item contained in this patch is the first stages of two tradeskills: refinement and mining.

There are several new items added in with the revamped mine area.

This patch is mainly aimed at lower level players, and both the refine "recipes" and the content and new items all target these levels. Future patches will expand upon this for higher level players.

The new mines and new tradeskills are designed to complement each other. Higher level versions of the new tradeskills will come in further patches.

General

- Items marked with an "X." at the beginning of their name are usable only by the character that aquired them. Using these items when you shouldn't will incur automatica penalties and is not advised!

- Items marked with an "!." or "!X." at the beginning of their name are exceptionally rare/valuable, and will have stats higher than normally expected for items of that level.

- Some of both items are introduced as part of the mines revamp, and these may be spotted elsewhere in game.

- Teleport rings, recall rings and clear rings have been temporarily removed from drop lists, as to not compromise game balance.

Refinement

In this server, players can take up tradeskills. The first of these to be introduced is refinement. Players will move up through the ranks of both mining and refine skill. There will be 7 "ranks" of skill, but there are stages in between.

In this patch, only ranks 1-3 are obtainable. The refine time has not been altered.

- The Sabuk Wall refine NPC now acts as a refining trade trainer. You must speak to him to get rank 0 refining. You can only learn one tradeskill.

- Refining allows you to increase your ability with practice, gaining increased chances of successful refines.

- Seven "recipes" have been introduced for refining. These books, when used together with certain types of refines, are consumed - but give increased chance of a successful refine. Recipes may work only on a particular type of weapon, and will generally require special ores (gained through mining.) There may also be other requirements.

Mining.

- An NPC in Serpent Valley now acts as the mining trainer.

- There are 3 new pick axes available for higher rank miners.

- In addition to traditional mining, there are "rock clusters" of various types, which can be mined to give various ores. These are found primarily, but not exclusively, in mining areas.

- There are several new types of ore aquirable through the mining skill. These are largely required for refining "recipes". These vary in rarity and in the level at which they are aimed. This patch will contain only the ores used in lower level recipes.

Serpent Valley Mines

These mines have been completely revamped. They are still aimed mainly at the same level range (and slightly higher), but they should no longer be entered solo.

Group wise, the entrance to Serpent Valley remains unchanged, but most of the area is now an Instance, accessible only by a group of 4 to 5 players levels 12-18. Each group has their own "copy" of the area.

Zombies in the new area will drop refine recipes, and will also drop "X." items, usable only by those who found them.

These mines are intended to be very challenging for the players involved, and the deeper regions should certainly not be attempted without a balanced group at the top end of the level range.

Not exercising due caution in these mines *will* result in death. The monsters are hard to clear, but will not respawn for a long time once cleared. Most players will be far more interested in clearing to the boss NPCs and areas than in these mobs. (These bosses will drop largely only "X." items and refine recipes. So an unbalancing effect on the rest of the game is not an issue.)

Hate

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
OMGWTFPLOSION AMAZING IDEAS!!!!!111!11seven!

It needs a name tho, like......World of Mircraft.

-_-

:doggy!:

MrSam

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 31, 2005
Hate said:
OMGWTFPLOSION AMAZING IDEAS!!!!!111!11seven!

It needs a name tho, like......World of Mircraft.

-_-

If we're going to use such immensely witty remarks, we might as well get it right.

Tradeskills, instances, bind on pick up items were *all* used in EverQuest (and earlier games).

People's existing attempts at bringing tradeskills into Mir have always resulted in pretty poor crafting systems. Nobody had come up with a way of replicating instances before I posted how to do it a while back.

Pretty sure I'm one guy that you can't knock for originality. (Although I have yet to come up with quite so witty a gem as "World of Mircraft" - priceless!).

Hate

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
I have my moments...

You love me really.

Hate

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
¤]´)÷¤--§îr Äürøñ--¤÷(`[¤ said:
Hate! YAY! :D

AMG It's the wonderful white wizard of Oz!

<3

:P

Gloop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2003
Derbyshire
¤]´)÷¤--§îr Äürøñ--¤÷(`[¤ said:
Hate! YAY! :D

As said before, too much work for a result that wouldn't be appreciated by the private server community.

Of course you are correct hardly anybody appreciates the work, time and effort that goes into these things but this idea would work very well on a well populated long lasting server e.g. RaGEZONE as money and stats matter on that server, so people of the higher crafting skills would be able to sell what they make/ refine for profit and it would benefit the market of the server.