The official Lebanon Vs. Israel thread

smoochy boys on tour

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Turin said:
Firstly I'd like to appologise for the crappy typos I made in the earlier post, I was under the influence of apple juice :P

I am by no means condoning the actions of Hezbollah meight, don't get me wrong with that. I'm just saying Israeli policy of "Never Again" has given it a amazingly free hand. With the support of the US and power of veto, Israel can get away with almost anything. It has for example defied more resolutions from the UN than any other country in the Middle East (except Iraq I think), yet there isn't any coalition forces invading the country.

You're using "they" very leniantly here especially since we're talking about two seperate entities. Hezbollah have been firing misiles into Israel not the Lebanese government. They have not conducted a suicide bombing for over six years now to my understanding however many people sideline the real issue over the missle attacks. Hezbollah's agenda in hostage taking was the return of hostages taken on part of Israel and of prisoners, some which have been taken from the land of another soverign power which couldn't do anythign to stop them. Other examples, and more.

I can say with almost all certainty that if the Hezbollah and other hostile Arabs were in a powerful situation as Israel, and Jews (in Israel) were inferior AFTER the hostilities have taken place, then it would be the Arabs that were comitting the war crimes. In any case, if Israel wants to retain the position of "holier than thou' and repair damage with PR, they need to make an immediate cessation of hostilities.

While the US has usually supported Israel in the past, to say Israel has the power of veto is rediculous just because they have the current of other nation
s.

I use they because for all intensive purposes, Hezbollah does whatever they want. Also I use THEY because it is THEY. Hezbollah IS part of the Lebonese government.

hos·tage
n.
()
  1. A person held by one party in a conflict as security that specified terms will be met by the opposing party.
  2. One that serves as security against an implied threat: superpowers held hostage to each other by their nuclear arsenals.
  3. One that is manipulated by the demands of another: “National policies cannot be made hostage to another country” (Alan D. Romberg).
Israel did not take "hostages". Hezbollah takes "hostages". You talk like taking Hezbollah taking hostages is justified... that is rediculous.

In addition, your links are from radical far-left websites... I can just as soon with the same validity and importance show you exact opposite stories from far-right websites. Do I believe either side? Absolutely not. I tend not to take extremist words as truth until I see some sort of proof. That goes for both sides of the fence.

Israel does not have a history of ****ing with people who don't **** with them. They also don't have a history of just randomly attacking various nations.

Hate

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2005
Israel, because I have family there, and the other country sux.

Let the bombs fly!

:doggy!: