Request Thoughts on Item parity

smoochy boys on tour

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Job Centre Plus
So i'm still deep into creating the Item Database for Mir 1, I have located all the original item lists but the stats/names are poorly translated and after looking at some of the stats I feel it would break a server very quickly.

My question is: Are you guys happy if I take some Mir 2 Item names are use these names/stats for Mir 1?

Obviously no Mir 2 images would be used.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Job Centre Plus
need to find someone who played it -.-
It's not so much finding someone who played it but more of an issue with weird stats.

The stats are like Accuracy 99, maybe that means 99% chance to hit? This issue appears with every item stat.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2009
County Durham
So i'm still deep into creating the Item Database for Mir 1, I have located all the original item lists but the stats/names are poorly translated and after looking at some of the stats I feel it would break a server very quickly.

My question is: Are you guys happy if I take some Mir 2 Item names are use these names/stats for Mir 1?

Obviously no Mir 2 images would be used.
I don't see it being a problem. I'd of expected item names to remain the same or similar anyway, especially since Mir2 is just the successor to it, it provides familiarity.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
It's not so much finding someone who played it but more of an issue with weird stats.

The stats are like Accuracy 99, maybe that means 99% chance to hit? This issue appears with every item stat.
Yeah, when I looked everything seemed to be a percentage.

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
Im in favour with bringing mir 2 items or names of mobs that players are familiar with, and like what @Slipmatt mentioned the familiarity is the key to get into the server more deeply

I will be honest and say i wasn’t thinking of playing nor downloading untill i saw this post where u said u might bring some familiar item names to the game

Also, don’t ever think of giving fixed stats its a total disaster, jamie tested that theory on marble mir 2 way back when it was on testing mode and switched back to normal stats instead of fixed ones cus everything was too calculated..etc

Reactions: Slipmatt