Thoughts on my new temple

Join Discord

Lothomadric

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 19, 2003
Bichon-Wall, With Bob the Chef
on a 100x100 map, its too open and wide to be a normal temple. Unless your going to completely fill these maps with spawns and pack it all in, it'll be too easy as a cave to get through.
For a temple, you need more small paths and dead-ends, with a few large area's through-out. Although i hate making maps that snake, as its not every original, small paths that snake from side to side can mean that you make maximum useage of the map space and provide a challenge for the players.
Looking forward to seeing the completed Temple.

/HD

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
its a nice map but as loth said it will be far to easy to get into the next map with the walls so far apart you will be bale to just run past all the mobs

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
MapEdit download, and mapmaking guides[MERGED]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find any non working links in this whole thread, please message me and i will try fix it as soon as possible - Gimpasaurus

The Official Guide to Map Making

*Read First*
By: Richens

Making maps takes a long time, that’s if you want to create big and beautiful ones with high detail. Making maps is an art, so you're going to have to follow the four C's. Calmness, collectiveness, consideration and care. If you fail with any of these you won't be able to make maps.

Stage One - The Interface

So what buttons do what?

A - MASS FILL TOOL. You will use this tool to fill in 3x3 areas of grass, beach and dust etc.
N - SINGLE TILE TOOL. You will use this tool to fill in single areas of grass, beach and dust etc.
F - FILL TILE TOOL. You will use this tool to fill in the whole of the map with areas of grass, beach and dust etc.
FA - FILL ATTRIB TOOL. You will use this tool to fill in areas of yellow or red attributes. Attributes are what you can walk on or teleport on. Like outlines. You wont need to apply these attributes to everything, as objects you place will have them pre-set.
Atr - SINGLE ATTRIB TOOL. You will use this tool to fill single areas of attribs. Left clicking will create a yellow attrib. This means you can spawn or walk on this area. Right clicking will add a red attrib, which means you won't be able to walk on this area but still spawn/tele on.
Ers - ERASE TOOL. This is a bit of a ******* tool this one. You will use this guy to delete your objects. It's a bit annoying because you can only delete single slots or very big slots. To do big slots of deletion, simply hold down control and it will do a very big area (9x9 I think).
You can undo your LAST deletion and input. Just simply press "Ctrl+Z". That is very useful when creating cliffs.

The other tools seen on the picture are self explanatory.. Zoom etc.

Stage Two - Creating a Basic Map

1> Click File > New. You will be given the option to pick the size of map. For this we will simply do 100x100. (It does say you can go to 500x500 but you can actually do 1000x1000 for big provinces.
2> Look for the Fill Tool. When you have selected it simply pick a tile from the tiles option. This is located from the top menu, Palette > Tile.

You should now have something looking like this below...

3> Now we are going to place an object within the map. Again go to Palette > Object(tile)Set. Pick the top building/hut and place it in the middle of the screen.
4> After placing the hut into the middle of your screen, slowly scroll down on the Object viewer. You should find a pre-made fence which is reasonably big and will fit around the hut.

5> Make it pretty! Put some tree's around it, make some town detail etc. Be creative!! (Drug Influences Are Aloud, what do I recommend?) Herbal Highs (WEED)

Right... Your map is almost done. You need to now do the Attributes.

Stage Three - The Attributes (Hard Bit)

1> Click View > Show Attrib Marks. Your map will now have yellow and red marks over it. Earlier i told you how those marks work.
Basically you want to have clear spots on where people can walk! Because we added the fence, it has filled the inside full of non walking attribs. So you are going to have to hold control and click over the spots which you want your players to walk on. You will have to both left and right click to remove the red and yellow attribs. Oh and by the way, you don't have to single click on each bit. You can pretend your filling in a box just like you did at play school
nod.gif
Just remember that holding control will Remove attribs. Left for yellow, right for red.

2> When you have made areas walk able for people, you will now need to Fill Attrib around the fence (in the background). So click the Fill Attribute tool and left click the outside of the fenced off area. Make sure you both left and right click.

I do believe it says that if you set the attribute marks for where people CAN walk then they CANT walk anywhere else.

stephenking

I HAVE A DREAM!!
Developer
Aug 28, 2005
Netherlands
MrRob said:
MapEdit download, and mapmaking guides[MERGED]
Atr - SINGLE ATTRIB TOOL. You will use this tool to fill single areas of attribs. Left clicking will create a yellow attrib. This means you can spawn or walk on this area. Right clicking will add a red attrib, which means you won't be able to walk on this area but still spawn/tele on.

isnt that a mistake in the guide??? it says it means you CAN spawn or WALK on this area

remind me if im wrong but isnt the yellow and red attrib that you CANT walk or tele there?

Value

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 21, 2006
LegendsReturn
stephenking said:
isnt that a mistake in the guide??? it says it means you CAN spawn or WALK on this area

remind me if im wrong but isnt the yellow and red attrib that you CANT walk or tele there?

Yes that what it means

All attribs means u can not walk , spawn , RT on to where they have been placed.

/Value

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Sorry i must of rushed through the Attribs section of the Guide. I will re-word that part and insert the new context shortly.