Tinted Windows

Join Discord

[Shadow]

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Oct 1, 2004
Counter Strike
I'm thinking about getting the back and front side windows tinted on my car. Is it worth it?, some people are saying its illegal and some saying its legal :s..

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
I'm thinking about getting the back and front side windows tinted on my car. Is it worth it?, some people are saying its illegal and some saying its legal :s..

it's illegal if its not possible to see the person at all, depends how dark your tinting it really, but if your no longer visable or able to identify you it's illegal.

I think that's right.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
On my current car (SXI) I got my windows tinted, but sadly , the day after having them tinted, someone smashed my windows loosing my tints and having to spend several hundred pounds on repair.

(didnt want to loose my noclaims).

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
It's legal with 80% on the rear windows and 40% on the fronts, anything past that is illegal. It's entirely up to you, although it does draw more attention to your car.

I'd personally make sure I had an alarm on the car before I got tints.

[Shadow]

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Oct 1, 2004
Counter Strike
It's legal with 80% on the rear windows and 40% on the fronts, anything past that is illegal. It's entirely up to you, although it does draw more attention to your car.

I'd personally make sure I had an alarm on the car before I got tints.

So them percentages are they noticeable? lol. Is it worth getting them or do they barely look tinted.

EMPEROR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2005
So them percentages are they noticeable? lol. Is it worth getting them or do they barely look tinted.

Do not get tinted.. Thats my advice. If your going to get it done, Get the glass not the sticker, Cost a lot more but its much better in the future.

EMPEROR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2005
Explain...

Say in the future you hate the window tint and you want it off.. take it off and lets see what happens after a while. You will have to buy a new window, Maybe try it and prove me wrong.. The rear will be the worst thing, Try taking it off without damaging the Defroster.

So window tint is not a good thing, plus it dont even look good =/. Save your money and buy a 598 pro street performance engine :). around 13-16k. Dont be silly and put abit off black on your windows

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
Say in the future you hate the window tint and you want it off.. take it off and lets see what happens after a while. You will have to buy a new window, Maybe try it and prove me wrong.. The rear will be the worst thing, Try taking it off without damaging the Defroster.

So window tint is not a good thing, plus it dont even look good =/. Save your money and buy a 598 pro street performance engine :). around 13-16k. Dont be silly and put abit off black on your windows
Well, the way you put it, he'll have to buy a new window either way. In the end, it depends what car it is and how long he plans on keeping it really.

Tints do look good on some cars, but either way, I doubt he has that much to spend on an engine. If I had that much I wouldn't spend it on an engine anyway. A new car would be the better option from my point of view.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Im pretty sure there illegal to have any tints on the front.

I was told its 40% on from and what ever you like on the backs by a mate, but when I contacted a window tinter, he told me he can do it, but to let me know its illegal to have any tints at all on the fronts now (New law). Even made me sign to say i know about it.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
pereblle's percentages were about right 80 on back 40 on sides but completely illegal to tint front although my m8 has had his front ones tinted about 20% and the police dont notice it. what colour is your car btw and are you having silver or black tint's you may have said but i may have missed it :p. i think tinted windows look good as you got privacy to do what you like in your car without people seeing in.

2fast2furious

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2004
u can have what ever u want on the back, corsa van? does that have back windows, whts the differance :P limozene? :P lol