Tips to system cooling...

Join Discord

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
It may sound abit stupid, but could anyone please give me some tips on keeping my computer cool? Its getting very hot (obviously in this weather), and i fear it may "overheat" -_- I have a fan blowing on it so far, its not really making much difference.

Basically, i wish to know what you are doing to keep your systems cool (for a low price, hopefully, for free. :P ).

Thanks.

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
My hard drive is 35. Usually it would be around 17-21 =/ This isnt a major problem though as i have seen peoples hard drives reaching temps of 50+ and still work fine. Its just the processor i am mainly concerned about. But i cannot check any of temperatures, speedfan will only show the temperature of my hdd :(

I just want to keep it all at a low,stable temperature really, just to be on the safe side.

EDIT: IF this double posts, sorry. But firefox froze up. And sometimes, when i reload firefox and any forum, a post i have made doesnt show up till the next time i restart my pc (if that makes sense...its wierd =/ )

Gladiator

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2003
take side off and have ur fan blowing onto it. it will help abit

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Oki, at the moment i have for the side panel off, and the fan facing outwards. I was hoping it would blow the hot air out of the tower, but it doesnt appear to be working. So ill try doing what you said (put the fan blowing into the tower). :)

Dano

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 18, 2006
Wales
ok 1 thing i DO no bout cooling!!!! dont have fan blowing into side
there is a natural air flow for the pc (ask urban) lol and changing this flow can be dangerous 4 cpu i suggest get watercooling stystem and a big 12 cm rear estraction fan (bout 10 quid) also u could get ani=other front intake bout 40 mm this will help the pc alot but if u do the thing with side pannel it will over heat probs coz the air frm the fan is disturbing the air comming out of cpu fan also if u really wanna go the extra mile get a new heat synk with new cooling lubricator on bottom hope this helps :P

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Cheers dano :) I was thinking of liquid cooling, does it work with any pc and fit in any pc?

I wont bother about a new heatsink yet,because my pc is 5-6 years old, and it could tak time to find one to fit mine -_- :P
Thanks again :)

Dano

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 18, 2006
Wales
np i suggest pc world 4 cooling coz then ur insured (hopefully) and ye old pcs aint a gd idea to go messing round with heatsyncs the best to do is lots of internal fans and btw "pcalet4" is a awsome piece of software that measures temps and all if its gd eg: "if i dint wnt my cpu temp to go over 17 degreeses and it did 4 over bout 3 mins it will shut pc down and back up all work (like hybernation)

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Ty again :) ill have a look at that program now hehe.

And ill leave the heat sink, i was going to get more fans, i may still do. just need spces in tower for fans :P I am getting a HDD Cooling pad thing sometime this week (screws into hdd slot, underneath hard drive) :)

May look further into liquid cooling eventually ^_^

Dano

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 18, 2006
Wales
if u r gunna get a cooling system DONT fill the resiwar with with water dye,,,, even if u have seethrough pc coz if the resivwar breaks then ur *uc*ed lol just use normal water or if you do wnt go get some cloured water just use some "cloured pwoeder" ask pc retailer

btw soz bout spelling i am a lil bit tired lol

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Ill jsut use normal water, my case isnt transparent anyway lol :P So dont bother with lights an stuff ^__^

And np, ill let you off this once.

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Would it be possible to cut a whole in the side panel which would fit an extra fan in it?? obviously i would find a way to secure it into the side panel, but i just want to make sure that it will be ok to have a fan in the side panel (blowing air out, obviously :P ).

Dano

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 18, 2006
Wales
LIKE I SED NATURAL AIR FOLOW ,,,, but urban u can also use "still" water i do it seems wered with it can hold alot mere heat that averrage and i still recon dyes r bad but thats my personal oppininon 2 clean id just pump hotish water through it