Top 5 Bands/Act now and of all time

smoochy boys on tour

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
Someone would be "Crying a River" thats for sure! Thank you, I'm here all week...

As for the comment about Babyshambles, thats just silly. Pete is a genious, and along with Carl in The Libertines they were one of the best UK bands of the last 50 years. They basically kick started the great new music scene we have today in this county, if it wasn't for them we'd all be listening to commercially whored boy bands.
What a load of rubbish that is.

Now:
Enter Shikari
Hadouken!
Lostprophets
Pendulum
The Blackout

No particular order.

I don't really do old music.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
only they arnt new age anymore :P oasis are old skool.

and who ever it was that started off all these crappy rnb releases needs shooting. theyve made my nights out hell! white men look idiots when dancing to rnb, and white women look slutty.

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
only they arnt new age anymore :P oasis are old skool.

and who ever it was that started off all these crappy rnb releases needs shooting. theyve made my nights out hell! white men look idiots when dancing to rnb, and white women look slutty.
Yeah -.- i really hate this so called rnb with a passion, i aint rascist but man respect your own culture rather than just other peoples -.-

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I like rnb, Only some like, There is a few tunes you can have a good dance to.

chu22

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2004
Newcastle
All time top 5

1 Rise Against

2 Breaking Benjamin

3 Plan B

4 Relient K

5 Alexisonfire

Current top 5

1 Breaking Benjamin

2 Plan B

3 Paramore

4 Linkin Park

5 Relient K

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Meh i should have thought about it really, there is only 1 band that should be on anyones list and thats the Beatles, they were the start and end of music and i was just sayin today there will never be anything like them again.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Meh i should have thought about it really, there is only 1 band that should be on anyones list and thats the Beatles, they were the start and end of music and i was just sayin today there will never be anything like them again.

The END of music ? You should quit life for that comment.

ElmoLite

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2006
South Wales
The Beatles are way over-rated.
Only produced a few good songs.

Across The Universe is their best, imo.

Chlorr

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 29, 2007
1. Otep (no competition)
2. Marilyn Manson (great variation in music)
3. KoRn (just great in general)
4. Hatebreed (just great in general)
5. Sikth (just great in general)

For me those cover both categories although would add alot more apart from "top 5" :p

ElmoLite

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2006
South Wales
elmo the beatles ****ing rocked!!!!

For some reason, I don't think you and geordiehc(?) actually understand where I'm coming from.
The Beatles were very artistic, in the sense of musical structure and lyrics. Though they weren't that versatile. They ween't a very flexible band when it came to new material, and basically were only popular because of social momentum.

The majority of people don't remember The Beatles for their music, and if you asked them to name 10 songs (out of the countless they've made) you would deffinitely struggle. It's mainly the fandom people remember, not the music.

Personally,the only thing I really liked about them was John Lennon's lyrics (such as those in Across The Universe) and their experimentation with different instruments/sounds.

Btw, please don't regurgitate other people's opinions, it's slightly annoying and it's the reason we still get boring, repetitive, generic songs becoming mainstream.

Last edited: