try to run server but.. lol =/

Join Discord

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
well i use server control to start everything up etc..and when i click on the exe to play it comes up with a multi colour screen and i cant see or write anything =/ im on a wireless network upstairs so not on main comp, and im using the ip 127.0.01 or summit like that anyway, any 1 have a few ideas pls?

ty

stan

why are you using the IP 127.0.0.1 u should be using your IP , and have you tried searching for help? 0.o

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
yeah ive tryed searching for help thats y ive made a thread.. im using the ip 127.0.01 becos only i want to go on it so i can just test it, but its having none of it

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
any 1 have a few ideas pls? its bugging the **** out of me lol

••Ðøåkÿ••

Too cool to post :)
Golden Oldie
Apr 12, 2004
just reinstall mir again i just usually ctrl + tb then go bk on it and its ok but u may have 2 install mir again then it shud work well atleast i think it will lol

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
argh its annoying me now, ive got mir1.4 and im using the right exe but it still comes up as a multi-coloured screen and i cant write or click on anything, surely sum 1 must have an answer to this :(

ty

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
also wen i use server control to try and run my server in the m2server it says this...

ready to load ini file..
!setup.txt loaded..
loading client version information..
Loading client version information failed. check !setup.txt -> [setup] -> clientfile1,..
Not ready 127.0.0.1
Not ready 127.0.0.1
Not ready 127.0.0.1
Not ready 127.0.0.1
Not ready 127.0.0.1
Loading client version information failed. check !setup.txt -> [setup] -> clientfile1,..
Not ready 127.0.0.1
Not ready 127.0.0.1
Not ready 127.0.0.1

has this got sumit to do with y my server wont start ? all i wanna do is get it up lol

SoulSpirit

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 17, 2004
clientfile1 i believe is the dat file, check you have a .dat file there and make sure it's nothing like .exe or anything....

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
k ive deleted everything and started again, ive downloaded the untouched server files again and everything seems to be fine, now the server name and status etc come up on the startup things to start the server, anyway...im still having the same problem, when i click on the exe to play it comes up with the multi-coloured screen and i cant go any further. it cant be the exe or the files ive d/l and im pretty sure im using 1.4 client (ive got the 1.4 client in the folder)

well if any 1 has any ideas or could give me hand pls post its frustrating lol

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
if i gotta do that then i cba, cos i play euro and i cant b botherd doing all that =/