Unable to click NPC

Join Discord

firstheroo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 16, 2007
For some reason i am unable to click on any NPC's in game, this is not just edited ones in the files but all the standard ones too even down to the tele stones. Anyone came across this before?

Thanks

FH

mapadale

For some reason i am unable to click on any NPC's in game, this is not just edited ones in the files but all the standard ones too even down to the tele stones. Anyone came across this before?

Thanks

FH
Normally with single NPC not being able to be clicked is an issue with the script, if its all of them then the issue is with your merchant.txt

Upvote 0

firstheroo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 16, 2007
Yeah i have been at the merchant.txt alot as i have been doing npc locations, however as its the first time i have done a server i am unsure what i should be seeing.

If someone has 5mins just to explain how the mechant.txt contacts the other more detailed scripts with the actual NPC code it would be much apreciated.

At the min from what i can see looking at bichon wep shop for an example, in merchant.txt i have:

02Weapon_Bichon 0 132 236 (WeaponShop)_Zacchary 0 0

Then when i go to mud3\envir\market_def

In the folder for "Bichon" i find WeponShop-0 with code

;;²»ÒªÉ¾µô´ËÐÐ
100%
+5
+6

;--------------------------------------------

[@Main]
#CALL [Merchant\Common\WeaponShop.txt] @WeaponShopMain

;--------------------------------------------

[GOODS]
WoodenSword 50 50
Dagger 50 50
ArisuSword 50 50
BronzeSword 50 50
ShortSword 50 50
IronSword 50 50
Trident 50 50
Scimitar 50 50
BronzeAxe 50 50
BronzeTrident 50 50
BronzeScimitar 50 50
HookedSword 50 50
BroadBladedSpear 50 50
KrissSword 50 50
MartialSword 50 50
BroadSpear 50 50
BlackKrissSword 50 50
PickAxe 50 50

;;²»ÒªÉ¾µô´ËÐÐ

I guess what i want to know is how does the merchant.txt that loads all npc's know what file to go for to get the details on the npc, as thats where it appears to be falling over.

Thanks in advance

FH

Upvote 0

firstheroo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 16, 2007
I have double posted to make clear the solution should someone have the same issue.

There are two things I have changed to get the npc to interact with players.

The first problem was that the merchant.txt was looking for 02Weapon_Bichon but in mud3\envir\market_def the file was titled WeponShop-0 meaning they didnt match up. Renaming the file in market_def to 02Weapon_Bichon-0 is necessary or visa versa renaming the file in merchant.txt

The second thing that I am suprised about and would imagine it is possible to work around is that the renamed 02Weapon_Bichon-0 in merchant_def seems to need to be in the main folder and can't be contained in a sub folder for all "bichon" npc's.

anyone can expand on this further or tell me there is an easier way im all ears :)

FH

Recieved a warning for this, in future i will not share soloutions to problems i come across. /Petty

Last edited:
Upvote 0