Unpack Mob Editor Anyone ?

smoochy boys on tour

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK
Could anyone possibly unpack this editor for me please ?

It would be greatly appreciated if possible :)

Thanks

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
ASProtect 2.1x SKE -> Alexey Solodovnikov

Unpack that and you can unpack the server at the same time :)

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK
Demonic said:
ASProtect 2.1x SKE -> Alexey Solodovnikov

Unpack that and you can unpack the server at the same time :)

Is that a cryptic reply ?

Is that the tool to un pack it or is it still a project to un protect it ?

Googling ASProtect 2.1x SKE gives plenty of chinese pages of txt, no programme and no info I understand.

As I have NEVER unpacked an exe in my life does the clue "ASProtect 2.1x SKE -> Alexey Solodovnikov" answer my question, or give rise to more questions ?

If i manage to find "ASProtect 2.1x SKE -> Alexey Solodovnikov" this will unpack the exe ?

Thanks

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
By the last statement he means that its not possible with a simple click and unpack program you need to do it manually

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK
yeah i figured that out after more research.

I have managed to get asprotect now im now researching more on reversing the asprotection.

Any tips on starting this would be helpfull, if not, no matter, i shall plod on by myself.

I normally use regedit is winhex better ?

other tools i need i think are:

IDA 4.15
Soft Ice on Win2k
LordPE
Revirgin

This is all i need ?

besides luck and a lot of hours ?

Thanks

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Let me explain, there is various Programs to Protect exe/dll's from reverse engineering with tools such as SoftIce, OlyDBG and so forth. They have lots of fake OEP, detection of SoftIce (In-Line Debugger) and so forth. V1.x got cracked and people even make a simple "Click me to deprotect programs". AsProtect 2.x, Armadillo 4.x and so forth is good, it even Encrypts the code in Ram - so mere dumping aint gonna get you far.

I am not saying its Impossible but I am saying that you will need to learn A Hell of a lot by which time the real server will probably be shared. When I embarked on the de-protection of Mir3 Server files, I was like yourself, had no idea were to even start. I started following guides to de-protect Supplied CRACK-ME and known programs to learn instead of jumping in on some unknown code and I am still to this day trying to crack it.

After plodding through 500 Guides, you will be no futher then you are now, here is a few sites though to get you started:

http://tutorials.accessroot.com/

http://www.tinicat.de/hacnho/

Good luck tbh !!

OH and:

IDA 4.15 - Disasemmbler - little use on a Protected App.
Soft Ice on Win2k - Most protections will Stop this from running.
LordPE - Dumper - only handy as a starting block
Revirgin - No idea

Last edited:

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK

I cant believe he protected the mob tools to the same degree as the server files.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Thats the Chinese for you though, there happy to Sell the files and utils but also more then happy to Steal software (Such as ASProtect, Armadillo etc) without paying for it - double Standards if you ask me. Im guessing he shoves everything through ASProtect which is NOT a good idea - once you work out how to crack one, you can them do the rest....all eggs in one basket comes to mind..

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
^^ use UPX then Arma 4.x with full Option best Secure atm.

with your unpack, you need ASM (Assembler) Knowhow and some Knowhow over PE Header (OEP,EP,ITA,RVA,Offset) ;-) at last you must understand the
Protection and find out the right Protection, many Tools use Fake Sigis.