Unusual level displays on kaori

Join Discord

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
This problem seems to occur around lvl255 or so on our server. their ingame level shows up correctly, however on the character selection screen their level appears much lower.. For example a lvl1000 person may show up fine in game.. with all the correct stats, but the login screen he shows up at lvl40. now thats fine and all, but when it comes time to do stats, kaori's program picks the level from the login screen stats.. so stats dont really work out too well as far as rankings go.\
so i tried to go into the sql database under Hero3G and looked at the character info aswell, it was showing up with the lower level values aswell. i couldnt actually find anywhere in the database that displayed the correct levels for people that actually show in game.
other thing i thought was the cd.ini file but the stats go up to lvl 10000 in the cd.ini folder and not lvl 255.

does anyone have an idea what could have possibly led to this? or is there a work around to show the stats correctly.

Last edited:

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
any ideas? people who are over lvl1000... they just keep lvling, on the login screen it only goes up to lvl255, then it goes back to 1,2,3,4...etc, then up to 255 again and resets back to 0. while their ingame level is ok. there a way i can make them both correspond to the same value. thanks

Upvote 0

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Don't know a work around, but why don't you just lower exp gained. I mean, what server really needs over 255 levels?

/Ash

Upvote 0

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
if you know where they store those extra level info... you can always modify ams to show that...

Upvote 0

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
change your level to 1
look at the database... tbl_character (and others)
change your level to whatever crazy ones...
look at the database again... what's the difference...

Upvote 0

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
did that already. for example. if i set to lvl1, it shows lvl1.. if i set to lvl 400... this is how it works, 400-255 = 145 (that would be my lvl it shows)

lvl600.. 600 - 255 = 345..... 345 -255 = 90 (that would be my level shown)
there is some wierd system in place that just always makes sure the level shown is under 255. im not sure if my files have become corrupted or database is corrupted.. i mean the levels show fine in game. just i cant do stats anymore lol. im sure there are other 3.55 128X servers, and they dont seem to have this problem. which probably suggests some file error, possibly in the cd.ini but i found nothing wrong.. comparing each line by line to the default cd.ini.

props to anyone who figures it out lol. without me having to do a server wipe lol.

Upvote 0

-Viper-

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 3, 2005
A numerical type. Keeps number below 255. You can edit it in your database where you edit field titles and types.

Viper

Upvote 0

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
hmm i think your onto something. i was attempting to edit people's level under FLD_LEVEL
it would allow me to do so.. as long as it was below 255, if it was a number above 255
it told with this exact error
"The value you entered is not consistent with the data type or length of the column"
now anyone know whats going on? i still find it odd, i searched through all the databases. somehow the game still keeps track of everyones real level, even though it doesnt exist anywhere in the sql db :O

Upvote 0

-Viper-

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 3, 2005
It exists somewhere otherwise it would reset to last save point (logoff) where level was below 255.

Have a look in the place where you was editing levels at the table properties and change tinyint to bigint I think ...

Viper

Upvote 0

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
ya i no what you mean viper. its frustrating lol. ive looked all over the place and cant find anything. but i changed the table properties from tinyint to int. that removed the level restriction of 255. now to 2 areas i no lvl's are stored.. TBL_CHARACTER and TBL_ABILITY, i did it to both of em, set my level to 10000 in it. they both accepted it. reloaded the DB. funny though that it didnt bother reading it. it just kept it at the regular level, it didnt change on the login screen or ingame. so that tells me it stores it somewhere else.. where its stored. i dont no :)

Upvote 0