Other Unwanted - Automatic opening of STDITEM.db

Nufan1121

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2012
Ok so i downloaded DBCOMMANDER pro 2000 to start editing my db files, and im not sure how but somewhere down the line i must of chose notepad as the preferred program to open the files with. They now cause errors in mir2server and wont let it start correctly. I have tried saving the items as .db again to no avail and im not sure what program actually lets you save them as a Database File again.. this is hindering my progress with the server and im not sure what the next step is?

Im currently in the registry treading lightly trying to see if i can force windows to forget that notepad should be used to open db files. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks - Nufan1121

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Right Click the db file, Open With -> Choose Default Program, Select DB Commander, Tick the Checkbox "Always use the selected Program" , Click OK... Profit.

EDIT:

However the default program to load the .db files should have no effect on your server's ability to read them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nufan1121

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2012
Hi Jamie thanks for the reply. I made DB commander the default program and now i am getting 'Error opening "Monster.DB" table network initialization failed. Permission denied File C:\PDOXUSRS.NET Directory C:\

However the files i am transferring from my winrar'd mud2 DB Folder are titled Monster.DB, when they are transferred to my C:\ server directory they lose the .DB off of the end. They also opened fine in DB commander before this misshap. Any ideas?

Thanks, -Nufan1121

This is the error i now get in M2server:

ready to load ini file..
!setup.txt loaded..
loading client version information..
Ok.
loading StdItem.DB...
starttimer exception...

---------- Post Merged at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Ok guys problem solved. For future reference/troubleshooting:

To fix a file's associated extension BACK to unknown program (in my case the .DB files) download a free software called UNASSOC

Ref: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Unassoc-Download-108675.html

To fix the 'Error opening "Monster.DB" table network initialization failed. Permission denied File C:\PDOXUSRS.NET Directory C: i simply installed db commander pro to my C drive instead of my E drive (i have an SSD that i like to keep the writes down on)

Lost a bit of my free time trying to fix these things but an afternoon is never wasted when there is lessons to learn!

Thanks - Nufan1121

Upvote 0