User Counts and Gameshops

terriblen

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2012
I want to play mir please. Is there a way to find user counts without downloading the client? Advertisiers would you boast about your user counts say once a month or something.
I would like to know about donations and gameshop before I d/l client also.
I dont mind paying to keep server up and staff happy but I object to legitimate ebay(selling gameshop items) and I dont like it that some players spend for advantage in game(more ebay behaviour) like exp scrolls drop rate scrolls buffs for sale.
My suggestions which may not be possible are:
sell a token which allows you to use tele npc. Without token you can only hunt BW, (mines and skel caves too?) Dunno if you can get round recall though. This makes it more like a flat rate subscription if the token expires after 30 days.
Be nice if they also dropped sometimes so that people could sell them for ingame gold too.
If this wont work, maybe a pass to get into most of the caves like Prem Dung on USA (again recall set).
Hire out skill necks.
If this is all impossible then sorry to take up your time.
I would like to find a server though

Last edited:

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
sell a token which allows you to use tele npc. Without token you can only hunt BW, (mines and skel caves too?)
And how is this different, infact thats the biggest advantage you can give to donaters.

Don't get me wrong but why don't you attempt/try and make your own server, fund it and do it for free so everyone can enjoy it ^^

Last edited:

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
And how is this different, infact thats the biggest advantage you can give to donaters.

Don't get me wrong but why don't you attempt/try and make your own server, fund it and do it for free so everyone can enjoy it ^^

Yeah, that's the way it should be, and if you can't afford to do so don't run a server, simple.
Who care's if there are no mir servers to play

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Yeah, that's the way it should be, and if you can't afford to do so don't run a server, simple.

Yeh, thats the way the whole world should be.
People should make Ferrari's and give them out for free.....

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
hahaha ppl like u make me laugh

people should just give away brand new cars, if they cant afford to do that, there shouldnt be any cars in the world.

replace the word "car" with basically anything in this world, gratz on makin the most retarded statement in the world!

nothing in life is free, get over it, grow up, and live in teh real world "mate"

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy

Not everyone is rich lol, to do this

Its not that the servers owners are in it to make money, things cost money

Like on the server im coding for at mo, it has a dedi 8gig ram / 100mbit internet, this alone is not cheap per month

Then you have map makers / server side workers / gfx workers, and the delphi coders

If like i was in it to make money, i would be at getacoder.com and not doing mir

But people need to be paid for the work they do, and most find this vir donations

I do get you tho, if the files are none custom (public release) and hosted by a nomal home pc why the donations ?

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
i see you all think this guy is stupid but all things about the future show the world not having a currency and everything being.... well free lol.

terriblen

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2012
I will pay out to keep a good server going. I mind that some players throw money about and dominate. They do this by paying others to level them. Paying for better kit paying for exp boosts and anything else that gives them an advantage. You all know this.
Hany, I meant that the tele token was expensive and made it more like a subscription. If you didnt buy one then you could only stand about chatting pvp in BW store and level very slowly in BW province only because all other caves closed to you.
Figure out how much you need to run the server. Pitch the tele token price at something that will give you enough if have 100 players, sales drop below that number put the price up.
I dont have time to run a server myself. I dont have time to play that much any more so I am not your best customer. I would be a regular though.

---------- Post Merged at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:27 AM ----------

My question was
Is there a way to find out user counts without down loading game?