ValleysMir is online :)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaphodBeeble

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2004
I don't see the fascination with making a server too easy. It will wear out quickly if you can lvl up to 40+ within days. ValleysMir is a friendly server with good players who like to have a laugh and hunt all the time. People who start playing the server can get to level 26 in a couple of days no problem. That's when they become useful on hunts hehe. :)

I've recently added a mid level cave for levels 24 to 32. Then there's a high level cave for level 33+. I don't feel the need to make it easier for noobs, they get enough help from other players as it is. I'd rather promote a better social aspect to the game than making players go solo in a low level cave with 10000 exp lucky bats. :S

ZaphodBeeble

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2004
Server back up, sorry for the downtime, was about 2 hours methinks :S

The power supply fan was making a hell of a noise, had to strip it down and oil it. Used some motorcycle chain lube :P

Last edited:

Lothomadric

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 19, 2003
Bichon-Wall, With Bob the Chef
ZaphodBeeble said:
I don't see the fascination with making a server too easy. It will wear out quickly if you can lvl up to 40+ within days. ValleysMir is a friendly server with good players who like to have a laugh and hunt all the time. People who start playing the server can get to level 26 in a couple of days no problem. That's when they become useful on hunts hehe. :)

I've recently added a mid level cave for levels 24 to 32. Then there's a high level cave for level 33+. I don't feel the need to make it easier for noobs, they get enough help from other players as it is. I'd rather promote a better social aspect to the game than making players go solo in a low level cave with 10000 exp lucky bats. :S

Its a gd server, don't get me wrong, although last time i was on (ye, i got on :D). everyone was afk in Sz.... everything else looked like a ghost town. So it depends on when ur on as to when people hlp u i take it........
Anywayz, not conplaining, cause i like working for something ;)

/Warlord

ZaphodBeeble

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2004
People are mostly on in the evenings... around 10pm onwards. Best bet to try then :P

/Spikalot

deimosguy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 18, 2004
The new exp is way better in my opinion, its not super high but its a reasonable amount, plus I like the brand new items that have been added, will there be more for even higher lvls?

ZaphodBeeble

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2004
The more you guys group hunt the more high level items you will get. Your body luck adds up when you group hunt which is why you get better drops. It's not just weapon luck that affects things you see. :P

ZaphodBeeble

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2004
Re: ValleysMir is offline :(

I must apologise for the lack of server over the last couple of days, I have been busy with work (been to Cheltenham and Bangor) and the motherboard in the server died while I was away. I've transferred the hard drive to a different machine so there shouldn't be any loss of items or characters. The new machine is a bit much for a mir server though to be honest, it's an XP 3000 64 bit lol. Oh well, at least the server is back up. :P

Zip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 24, 2004
Belgium
comon wtf is going on, i get server is offline ****, cant get the usercount on usercountV3 either theirs something wrong with the server. Plz tell us wht

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
hmm How thehell we make cash...
Hens dont drop neither do deers we cnt get meat

ZaphodBeeble

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2004
As of this moment Valleys Mir has been taken down due to non-interest. Also, I don't really have the time any more to give the game what it deserves. So, tonight will bascially be a crazy 'everyone's a GM night'. Type @testga and press enter, the password you then need is 75335789. Have fun!

(The server may be hosted by someone else over the next week or so, how long they will have it up for I don't know.)

Oh and I have backed up the server files prior to this crazy GM action so that all items and accounts are safe. :)

2upac

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2005
Burnley
ok guys sorry bout messing bout with all mobs and spawning more then 10k mirkings in bw even though was funny. but sos ne ways if i caused you to have lag outs.

/BradleyBear

ZaphodBeeble

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2004
Everyone is a GM at the moment. Anyone who logs in can immediately be a GM. It's fun, but I think it's wearing off now, I'm shutting the server down soon anyway. Ho hum.

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Never got to try server, shame to see it go down tho i supose :( hope can get new host and get it backup soon , i may have a tr y:)

Status
Not open for further replies.